Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2014, 06:54 PM   #1
On the slippery slope

Garage
Adding rear speakers

I'm getting ready to do some audio upgrades. I have just the basic system, dash speakers only, no door or rear speakers, no amp or cd changer, so I don't have to worry about the MOST bus. I have found a bunch of posts showing how to upgrade the dash speakers, no problem there.

I want to add the rear speakers. I have the shelf and have found some posts on adding the speakers. I’m trying to save some cash, so I plan to make the speaker mounting plate rather than buying the “kit” for around $300 and put in a pair of 3.5” speakers on each side. I‘m good with running the wires, etc.

I pulled my CDR23 and the connector only has the pins for the front speakers What I am trying to figure out is how to add in the pins for the rear speakers.. There must be a way to add in the additional pins for the rear speakers.

I remember seeing some posts with a VW part number (I think) for the pins, but can’t find the posts. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio , cdr23 , rear speakers , stereo upgrade