Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2014, 05:08 AM   #1

Garage
Passenger seat won't tilt forward

The passenger seat won't tilt forward at all. The seat release lever moves up but seat won't move. Any ideas?

2003 S, 6 Speed, PCM, PSM, Bose, Litronics with washers, on its' second LN IMSB, comfort top, UDP, 987 engine mount, 997 RMS, Koni Sport Shocks, H&R springs, Techno brace, comfort blinkers, nin8six windscreen, particlewave light up cubby
Coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:18 AM   #2

I would say it's probably broken. Have you done any disassembly to see if you can see what's wrong?
Old 05-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #3

Garage
Not yet. Just discovered it this weekend so it's not been really important yet. Was curious if there was something obvious I was missing.
2003 S, 6 Speed, PCM, PSM, Bose, Litronics with washers, on its' second LN IMSB, comfort top, UDP, 987 engine mount, 997 RMS, Koni Sport Shocks, H&R springs, Techno brace, comfort blinkers, nin8six windscreen, particlewave light up cubby
Old 05-26-2014, 11:56 AM   #4

Don't want to be insulting by stating what you may have probably already tried, but are you lifting the catches on both sides of the seat back?
schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:02 PM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnellman View Post
Don't want to be insulting by stating what you may have probably already tried, but are you lifting the catches on both sides of the seat back?
Yep tried both sides. Both latches move up but not the seat.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:16 AM   #6

Garage
Had this happen to me the other day. Sounds stupid, but in my case the seat back was not ALL the way back. Since I had the whole seat as far back as possible, I moved the whole seat forward, pushed the seat back again, then was able to lift the lever and get the seat back to come forward.

Make sense?

Ka is a wheel, and everything is 19
Coffinhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #7

Garage
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffinhunter View Post
Had this happen to me the other day. Sounds stupid, but in my case the seat back was not ALL the way back. Since I had the whole seat as far back as possible, I moved the whole seat forward, pushed the seat back again, then was able to lift the lever and get the seat back to come forward.

Make sense?
Yes it does. Fixed mine too, thanks!