Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #1
Boxster S Bassist

A great drive and a question

Just had a great Porsche day! I washed my 2000S and even with 14 year old solver paint it looks great! When I gassed up I saw a gorgeous newer silver 911 with black sport wheels and yellow calipers. Then went for a top down drive on this nice sunny mid 70s day on some favorite twisty country roads. Towards the end a new white Cayman (couldn't see if base model or S) tried to get frisky and of course I had to downshift and lose him!

While driving I wondered that since we see 3.6L engines swapped into Boxsters has anyone ever heard of any one swapping in a Boxster transaxle to make a mid engine 911? It would be pretty involved of course but would solve their tail heavy problem.

Have folks seen the "race taxi" VW bus with the 993 twin turbo drivetrain and suspension? Amazing!

John Bergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:28 PM   #2
I am my own mechanic....

The new 911 you make will only be worth about $9-14k sadly.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:58 PM   #3
Boxster S Bassist

Probably but it would be interesting to see it done and to drive!

John Bergen is offline   Reply With Quote