Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 04:31 AM   #1

Garage
drivers window

hi all,having trouble with drivers window when I open drivers door the window dropped about 2 inches and won`t go back up, both windows go up and o`k but drivers window stops short,i put both windows all the way down diss the battery waited a while reconnected battery then both windows went all the way but then the drivers window dropped back about 2 inches again,help -please artdon

artdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:46 AM   #2

Its possible that your window regulator has broken. After the window has dropped, open the door and see if its easy to move the window by hand. If so. then the regulator is the likely cause. On the other hand, a 2" drop is characteristic of opening the convertible top latch. One would expect the drop on both sides not just the driver's. Perhaps a sensor has gone bad.
thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:02 AM   #3

Garage
hi,the window still goes up and down but not all the way up 2 inch short,thanks
artdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:58 AM   #4

Maybe the switch on the driver's door latch that tells the car if the door is open or closed is stuck, and the car thinks the door is open with the top up? I don't think it will allow the window to roll all the way up in that condition.
One way to check, might be to unlatch the convertible top and then see if the window will go all the way up. Not sure, but I think it would do that even if it thought the door was open.

Update: I don't think my theory above has merit. I just checked my car and the only thing that makes my windows drop the full 2 inches, and not roll up beyond that point is when I release the convertible top, but do not lower the top all the way down, and of course both windows drop not just one side. If you release the convertible top, does your other window also drop the 2 inches?

Last edited by Dave S.; 03-25-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Dave S. is offline   Reply With Quote