Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 04:13 PM   #1

Loaner tools

Hey guys.
So I have a Pelican ims bearing tool kit to loan out if anyone needs it. The first time I turned a wrench on a Porsche was replacing the ims bearing on my new-to-me 2000 box. The whole experience went great and the tool's really easy to use. It's just sitting in a box now so let me know if anyone needs to borrow it.

I'm about to do a makeover on my suspension and am going to do the wheel bearings while I'm in there. Does anyone have a SIR B90 tool or some other bearing kit they're not using right now that they'd be willing to loan out?

sam c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
Boxster 1999

Garage
Shoots I ordered the bearing and tool 2 hrs ago.
Would you mind having it shipped in Canada and back (I would take care of pickup and re-shipping cost) I don't know what kind of cost would be involved but I could check.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:27 PM   #3

Yeah, not a problem. See if u can cancel that tool u just bought and just borrow mine. Should save u about $200
sam c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:34 AM   #4

Garage
I'm interested in borrowing it. I just ordered the bearing and DOF kit from Pedro's, and I was thinking about doing the switch next weekend. (April 5-6).
Old 09-28-2016, 07:33 PM   #5

hello sam c,

do you still have this ims bearing removal / install kit to loan? I will hopefully be putting an 00 boxster in my garage this week, only 35 k on the clock and doing some research on resolving the ims issue in the next few thousand miles. fyi, looking at the LN IMS Solution.

thanks
mike
drumnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumnow View Post
hello sam c,

do you still have this ims bearing removal / install kit to loan? I will hopefully be putting an 00 boxster in my garage this week, only 35 k on the clock and doing some research on resolving the ims issue in the next few thousand miles. fyi, looking at the LN IMS Solution.

thanks
mike
Think you'll need a different tool for the 'solution' than the regular ceramic bearing.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:00 PM   #7
Mig

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barteur View Post
Shoots I ordered the bearing and tool 2 hrs ago.
Would you mind having it shipped in Canada and back (I would take care of pickup and re-shipping cost) I don't know what kind of cost would be involved but I could check.
I'm in Vancouver, BC and could lend you the tool if you want to avoid the border paperwork.
Mig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:42 AM   #8

The Solution is out of stock.So you'll be waiting a while and you need a specific new tool,not the older version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumnow View Post
hello sam c,

thanks
mike
Gelbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:22 AM   #9

You can actually do an IMS Solution with the original tools, but you would also need the supplemental tool kit as well. The Single Row Pro is the only retrofit that currently requires the use of the Faultless Tool kit, which I might add is a real piece of engineering art.