Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 12:37 PM   #1

Garage
New to boxters

Hi all. Over the years I have had several Porsches mostly 911s but now looking at purchasing a Boxter s. Have just looked at one in Melbourne and have a question.
Just below the battery box is a lead with a socket, is this a standard part or has the car had an aftermarket part for the audio system? What is option 030 (sport type running gear consist of ? Option 659 computer. What does this consist of ? Other options are 236, 413, 502,982, any clues ?
Thanks in anticipation
Chas.

Porsche man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:00 PM   #2
pjv

Garage
Hi, welcome to 986forum. This is a great forum, I have learnt an enormous amount by following it, and people are generally very helpful, even to us Aussies! If you want to interpret option codes, you could just Google 'boxster option codes', or use the search function on this forum. I easily found a website 'lufteknic.com' which may give you the information you want. And by the way, I may as well be the one to point out how to spell 'boxster', since someone else probably would. Enjoy the forum, and also your Boxster when you get it.
Cheers.
pjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:04 PM   #3

The spare connector and cable = If its like my 2001 S, its for a multi CD player (I think).

Code 030 = sports chassis (ROW in your case).

659 = On board computer.

236 = ??? I believe does not exist according to previous posts.

413 = 18" Turbo wheels.

502 = ??? I believe does not exist according to previous posts.

982 = Soft look leather.

These codes are taken from the Bentley Boxster service manual - a good source of info if you buy a Boxster.
Melbourne seems a long way to go for a car - nothing in Qld????
Old 02-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #4

Garage
Thanks Steve Yes 030 and 659 I understand, but what do they actually consist of ?
Looked at a yellow S in Brisbane but had no Cruise and under tray panels were RS.
Flew down to Mlb and looked at an S but needs a bit doing to it, and again the under trays were RS plus a bit of minor body work. Waiting on a PPI report. And that lead, should there be anything plugged into it if you have a car with 490 sound system.
Cheers

Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster !!
Old 02-21-2014, 04:45 PM   #5

I think he is referring to Melbourne Florida. It is on the east coast of Florida or "the Gold Coast"
Old 02-21-2014, 06:11 PM   #6

So Porche Man likes Boxters. Yes there is something missing with moniker and car name, can you guess what it is, Porche Man
Old 02-21-2014, 08:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle52 View Post
I think he is referring to Melbourne Florida. It is on the east coast of Florida or "the Gold Coast"
Oh I see - I thought he was refering to the Gold Coast in Queensland, eastern seaboard of Australia......
Old 02-22-2014, 12:16 AM   #8
pjv

Garage
^Oops - same mistake here!
pjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:04 AM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate 01 View Post
So Porche Man likes Boxters. Yes there is something missing with moniker and car name, can you guess what it is, Porche Man
maturity is one of the things you are missing, in addition to a lack of comprehension of the subject of the threads you post in.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:49 PM   #10

Garage
Thanks gents for your posts, I did reply previously but your moderator evidently did not approve!!
Have now sorted all my codes but would still like to visit the Lufteknic site but for some reason are unable to do so. Still lost on trim colour L92U.
Looked at a few S's but nothing that turns me on. Checked out a Yellow one in Brisbane (Australia) but damaged under trays and no CC , presently looking at an Arctic Silver in Melbourne with a lot of options but again tray damage and some body damage and a couple of other issues, now waiting on a PPI report.
Sorry about the Boxter goof but it comes with old age !!
Cheers
Old 02-22-2014, 01:11 PM   #11

Pman - please we all sorted out where the proper Gold Coast is...
I know of a nice Boxster S for sale here or if you want to see my 2001 S for comparo reasons or discussion, I'm often in Brisbane (I live on the Sunshine Coast) - send me a PM if any interest to you.

Last edited by Steve Tinker; 02-22-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Steve Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #12

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tinker View Post
Pman - please we all sorted out where the proper Gold Coast is...
Western Africa right?

BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote