Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 12:17 PM   #1

Garage
Airbag light affects.

I am aware the airbag light is a common problem to do with seatbelts. I am just curious as to if this means anything other than a light on the dash. Will all airbags still deploy, is there any chance of a random deployment?

BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I have had both my seat belts replaced for triggering the Airbag light, they do not cause the airbags to be deactivated or trigger on their own (unless there was an actual problem with the airbag and not the seatbelt).

It is just a warning light informing you to get the car checked out. Unfortunately, you cannot reset an airbag light with a regular code reader, because it is a safety light.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:58 PM   #3

Garage
thank you, out of the 3 cars i looked at buying, all 3 had the light on haha. It is good to know the car is still safe, guess i will have it fixed if i ever plan to resale if it seems to be worth it.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #4
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I would get it fixed as soon as possible, and not assume it is the seatbelt. It's not an immediate issue, but I wouldn't ignore it. What if there is actually a problem with one of the airbags?
Old 02-18-2014, 01:07 PM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post
I would get it fixed as soon as possible, and not assume it is the seatbelt. It's not an immediate issue, but I wouldn't ignore it. What if there is actually a problem with one of the airbags?
I have old service records from the PO where they diagnosed it as the seat-belt at the Dealer. PO just never took the time to replace the belts.