Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2006, 03:19 PM   #1

Check out these 19" wheels $1200

check out these 19" wheels
19X8.5 19X10.5
$1200 buy it now
Ebay item # 8034665382

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-RS-5-PORSCHE-996-C2-C4-BOXSTER-BLACK-WHEELS-RIMS_W0QQitemZ8034665382QQcategoryZ43959QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

http://www.axiswheels.com/wheels/hiro/hiro.html

they look great in silver on this 911 with GT3 bumper.

Check out the movie they cool driving away too.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 02-08-2006 at 04:28 PM. Reason: lower price
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:20 AM   #2

YOur paying for just the rims, tires will be extra.

I need to get a pick of my car up soon.

KRZ
KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:30 AM   #3

Those are very nice indeed. I like 'em!

Peter Schwarzenbauer

My car @ Car Domain

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nstalled01.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nstalled02.jpg
Arctic Silver '05 Silver Boxster
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:45 AM   #4

I LOVE those wheels on the 911.

But I'm having trouble finding out who makes them. According to my email query to Axis wheels, they couldn't be Axis Hiros; their reply:

-----
Subject: Re: Axis Hiro and Porsche fitment?

Sorry , we never made the Hiro for the Porsche applications.
-----

Perfectlap or others, do you know what these are?

Also, I see that they are 19-in wheels and I'd like to keep my next wheels at 18. Currently running 17 and wouldn't want the ride to degrade very much. Are 18-in wheels available in the staggered look of these 19s?
socratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:30 AM   #5
KronixSpeed

Exclamation proceed with caution!!!!

Hey boyz, i bought these rims from this company on ebay dtm auto. i researched these rims to find out the exact brand, which turns out to be axis rims, but for some reason they say that they do not make this application for a boxster. looks like they are defect axis rims, meaning that the factory did not stamp the wheels with the logo. overall quality of finish on the rim was not great, i have small chips around the bolts while trying to put on the bolts. and finish is not so great, i probably will have to dip them in new finnish someday. althought these are minor problems, i love these rims. i get alot of head turns and people love how simple yet bold they make the boxster. other problem i had was that the rear will need a 7mm spacer as the rim touches the inside strut, but is fixed with the 7mm spacer. the fronts are fine. i also didnt like the middle center caps, i jammed my porsche caps in and glued them in........................

other then that proceed with caution, althought the rims are pretty wild. the deep dish is crazy looking, people tell me that the car now looks like a $100,000 car.

these rims make the car look real mean, not pretty . i hated when women would say ohhh what a pretty car....not anymore............
Old 05-01-2006, 07:41 AM   #6

paint the calipers ASAP!(you can get Porsche decals on ebay)
Holy cow those look great. Very agressive.
I see a GT3 front bumper in your future.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
I see a GT3 front bumper in your future.
LOL!. I was thinking the same thing. And side skirts. The wheels look great on the 986.
98Boxster98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:04 AM   #8

For $1200, realize that you get what you pay for. Those are cheap knockoff wheels, the quality of which I would be concerned. They're going to be heavy, to boot.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:17 AM   #9
KronixSpeed

yes knock offs!!!

thanks, yes they seem to be axis knock offs....i actually like them better. only difference really is the imprint "axis" on each rim,which i dont like anyways.

yes next summer gt 3 front and side skirts and hopefully i'm done.....ya right!

they are not heavy at all, well for a 19 inch rim 25lbs isn't so bad. i say not so bad because the car will never be tracked, so street driving i dont feel any loss of power at all...trust me.......
Old 05-01-2006, 09:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
For $1200, realize that you get what you pay for. Those are cheap knockoff wheels, the quality of which I would be concerned. They're going to be heavy, to boot.
Hi,

I agree 100%. It would not be the weight I'd be most concerned with. The Materials used and method of Manufacture would be areas I'd be weary of. I mean there's Alloy and then there's Alloy. There's Forging and then there's Forging... they are not all the same.

It's not uncommon at all for wheels from B-Grade Manufacturers to develop Cracks at the Stress points or to break at the Rims from slight impacts. They are much more trendy and may have discontinued a replacement wheel a long time ago, forcing you into another entire set.

I would only go AfterMarket with some of the well known, longstanding, Mfr.'s such as BBS, Oz, Champion, etc. If you ever do have a problem, it's a safe bet they'll still be here in a year or two...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:53 AM   #11

Over the years I had several sets of wheels for one car. (one reason I think the 911 has an advantage over the Boxster, 4 track wheels actually fit in the car!). If I were taking these Axis-look wheels of yours to the track I would have my concerns because of the pressure spacers put on the wheel bearing (ridiculus expensive to replace). But for cruising its no bigge.
Clean the wheels often and treat them with quality wheels products and they'll hold up well. Just drive slowly over the bumpy roads and avoid bumpy roads whenever possible.

Quality alloy cast wheels are horribly over priced and dent just as easily as 'knock offs'. Believe me I've had $350 a piece BBS wheels dinged from a pot hole or high drive way far too easily for the money. Same goes for my Factory Porsche Carreras. Big sizes like 18" and 19" and low profile is an unavoidable ding. No sense paying top dollar for it. Forged wheels are tougher against denting but just too expensive for a cruising wheel in my opinion. Your money is better spent on other cosmetic changes. Just get a quality set of tires. Don't skimp on the rubber even if the damn things don't last.

I had a set of 16" Autocross wheels which were kind of "no name" brand painted with a nice polished rim. They held up very well and I got a ton of compliments. The fact is that Asia is getting very good at copying everything and for the price difference I'm not convinced that a non-performance wheel is worth the huge expense of BBS, HRE, SSR, Fiske, Kinesis, etc .

p.s.
25 pounds is excellent, the stock 18" are boat anchors at 30. The tire weight is more significant. Having a light wheel and heavy tire is worse than having a heavy wheel and light tire.

p.s.s.
that 911 up there does look nice with the GT3 bumper and the Axis-look wheels.
I saw an mpeg of the car in motion and it was very cool. Very racy.

Last edited by Perfectlap; 05-01-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:11 AM   #12

Nice wheels. What tires do you have and how much for the tires? Also, what is the ride like? Any vibration at higher speeds?
Factory side skirts
18" turbo look wheels
Painted roll bars and centre console
Alumimum shifter and handbrakes
Litronic lights
B&M short shifter
Evo air intake
Turbo look bumper with C4S lip
Borla muffler
2nd Cat bypass pipes
nastyboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KronixSpeed
Hey boyz, i bought these rims from this company on ebay dtm auto. i researched these rims to find out the exact brand, which turns out to be axis rims, but for some reason they say that they do not make this application for a boxster. looks like they are defect axis rims, meaning that the factory did not stamp the wheels with the logo.

other then that proceed with caution, althought the rims are pretty wild. the deep dish is crazy looking, people tell me that the car now looks like a $100,000 car.

these rims make the car look real mean, not pretty . i hated when women would say ohhh what a pretty car....not anymore............
Could you do me (us) a favor and post a few pics of your car and wheels from different angles?

Ever since that darned Perfectlap posted the 911 pictures with these wheels, I can't get them out of my mind!
socratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:46 AM   #14
KronixSpeed

some more pics!

Hey here are some more pics, they really look mean..........
Old 05-02-2006, 10:35 AM   #15

Kronix, you glued your centercaps onto the wheels?

If I read that right, you're going to have a heck of a time getting the wheels balanced again... They need that center hole for the balancing equipment.

Hope that center cap is removable or you'll have a proper mess on your hands.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:44 PM   #16
KronixSpeed

lol

lol...i know

should be fine, actually getting the car balanced, aligned, toed, camber kit this friday and whatever else they can do to make the car feel real good..........so i might be facing this problem of having to re-glue them back ....lol....not something i suggest...trust me!

i'm actually surprised they lasted this long. i thought that they would of fallen off by now...