Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 06:09 PM   #1

There's a famous product called Klasse All in One. It works on everything that is not fabric.

If you're going to order it I would also add 1Z leather cleaner and Finish Kare #425 detailing spray. In my experience these three products really do not have equivalent products at your typical auto store. And your typical auto store does not carry Klasse. Try autogeek.net
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:13 PM   #2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
There's a famous product called Klasse All in One. It works on everything that is not fabric.

If you're going to order it I would also add 1Z leather cleaner and Finish Kare #425 detailing spray. In my experience these three products really do not have equivalent products at your typical auto store. And your typical auto store does not carry Klasse. Try autogeek.net
Cool, thanks - I was checking out the Klasse All In One on Amazon and it looks like most folks are using this for paint - but you'd use it on leather/vinyl as well? I think that's what you're saying just want to double check. Do you know if the covering on the roll bars is plastic or leather? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottvd View Post
Cool, thanks - I was checking out the Klasse All In One on Amazon and it looks like most folks are using this for paint - but you'd use it on leather/vinyl as well? I think that's what you're saying just want to double check. Do you know if the covering on the roll bars is plastic or leather? Thanks in advance.
Yes people have been using AIO on plastic trim for years. I can't tell if that piece is plastic or a hard type vinly.

I would do a WOWO (wipe on wipe off) test on a small patch first, like the an area that is only visible from an angle on the inside.

But I would try the 1Z leather cleaner first also using WOWO. Based on previous experience with vinly surfaces it's mild but capable of lifting off really caked film.

Also I wonder if a vinyl cleaner for vinyl soft tops might work there. But that would be me last option as the other products I mentioned will still be useful to you for other things if they don't do the job of lifting these stains.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote