Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2006, 03:20 AM   #1

New Member - Greetings!

I just wanted to say "Hello" to all the members here at '986Fforum'. I recently purchased a MY04 Boxster (Lapis Blue/Sahara Beige) with only 21,000 miles. As a previous owner of a Honda S2000, a BMW Z3 Coupe & a BMW Z3 Roadster, this Boxster totally ROCKS! (compared to my previous vehicles.) Why I waited so long, I don't know. The weather here in SoCa (Southern California) has been very pleasant (high 70's - low 80's the past couple of days) so I'm driving with the top down and the tunes blasting (FUN!).

MACadct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:57 AM   #2

Welcome aboard. I'm a native South carolinian, but spent four years in CA whilst military. I worked at Pt. Hueneme, but lived in Camarillo for two and a half years. Far enough inland to get out of the fog belt. Beautiful area. 101 into LA was a little dicey, but around Thousand Oaks there were some really nice canyon roads and twisties. Again, welcome!
limoncello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:14 AM   #3

Exclamation Welcome

Welcome aboard you will enjoy driving this beast in the twisties. You will feel in command of a car that just sticks to the road like no other. No matter what the year and configuration the road and you will be one.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:19 PM   #4

Welcome aboard MACadct

I am fairly new here also, but can say this is a great forum with great people to interact with! (albiet, disconnected)

As far as I can tell, me and you are the only ones wiht Lapis Blue Boxsters!

How in the hell do you keep yours clean It is so dark, my friends thought it's color was black for months!

Regards

2000 2.7 Lapis Blue Boxster, Sports Pkg, Lit, Tip, Exhaust, De amber'fied
1983 911 SC Coupe 3.0 Gaurds Red (restoration, in pieces)
199? 993 Coupe Gaurds Red (lurking for....)
rbennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:10 PM   #5

I looked at an 02 s in Lapis...great color. It's beatiful...dark though so I would check out Zainobros to keep it in tip top shape.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:23 AM   #6

Hello & welcome Mac.....Have you tried it out on Tuna or Topanga Canyons?

I grew up in Palos Verdes Est. and there are some awesome roads out there as well.

I live in Bellingham, WA.....left down there in 1970. Up here we have several quite scenic roads. Rain, ice and snow do make it a bit of a challenge. I just got my '05 Arctic Silver Boxster last month. Already enjoyed several excellent top down experiences though.

Peter Schwarzenbauer

My car @ Car Domain

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nstalled01.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nstalled02.jpg
Arctic Silver '05 Silver Boxster
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote