Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2006, 11:38 PM   #1
Registered User
 
TriGem2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,431
Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Exhaust leak

Just had my car serived and found out that i have an exhaust leak from the headers....Anyone else ever had this problem....They said it does not seal properly or something on the left side....I'm thinking about just getting new headers....Any thoughts?
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:34 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 7,236
If it's not a broken weld, than you probably just need a gasket.

If I were you though, I'd be telling the wife that I need new headers in the worst way due to this problem and that the Schnell or Dansk sport headers are far cheaper than Porsche parts.

I sure wish my headers were leaking.
__________________
'97 Boxster (Black Hole for 42,000 Dead Presidents and counting) - 122k
New motor, transmission, suspension, and on and on and on it goes...
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:38 AM   #3
Registered User
 
TriGem2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,431
Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
If it's not a broken weld, than you probably just need a gasket.

If I were you though, I'd be telling the wife that I need new headers in the worst way due to this problem and that the Schnell or Dansk sport headers are far cheaper than Porsche parts.

I sure wish my headers were leaking.

HAHHA RANDAL ONLY IF I WERE MARRIED....But ill try the same thing with the parents if it doesnt work then its comin out of my pocket
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:46 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: florida
Posts: 41
As A Special To Members Of This Forum I Can Do Schnell Headers For $795
Steve986online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:54 AM   #5
Registered User
 
TriGem2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,431
Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve986online
As A Special To Members Of This Forum I Can Do Schnell Headers For $795
hmmm....Thanks steve...I will definitly let you know when im ready. As of now, according to the dealer the leak is nothing serious. So im gonna run it by the parentals and make it seem as tho its a serious issue so they might take care of it for me. If they dont ill wait until until i can afford the Headers and Cat bypass and do them at the same time...
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:06 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: florida
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGem2k
hmmm....Thanks steve...I will definitly let you know when im ready. As of now, according to the dealer the leak is nothing serious. So im gonna run it by the parentals and make it seem as tho its a serious issue so they might take care of it for me. If they dont ill wait until until i can afford the Headers and Cat bypass and do them at the same time...


JUST LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ARE READY I WILL ALSO THROW IN A NEW SET OF GASKETS I MAY BE ABLE TO WORK OUT A GOOD DEAL ON THE CAT BYPASS AS WELL WHEN YOU ARE READY JUST CALL ME TOLL FREE 866 944 7883.
Steve986online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:07 PM   #7
Registered User
 
TriGem2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,431
Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve986online
JUST LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ARE READY I WILL ALSO THROW IN A NEW SET OF GASKETS I MAY BE ABLE TO WORK OUT A GOOD DEAL ON THE CAT BYPASS AS WELL WHEN YOU ARE READY JUST CALL ME TOLL FREE 866 944 7883.

Will do, thanks for the help Steve.
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 7,236
Cat bypass? Are you only planning to auto-x and track the car?

Without cats, you're not going to pass emissions testing.
__________________
'97 Boxster (Black Hole for 42,000 Dead Presidents and counting) - 122k
New motor, transmission, suspension, and on and on and on it goes...
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:23 PM   #9
bmussatti
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGem2k
HAHHA RANDAL ONLY IF I WERE MARRIED....But ill try the same thing with the parents if it doesnt work then its comin out of my pocket

Tell your parents you might get a brain defect if not fixed right away!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #10
Registered User
 
TriGem2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,431
Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Cat bypass? Are you only planning to auto-x and track the car?

Without cats, you're not going to pass emissions testing.

Emissions test is once every 2years....Plus the bypass is fairly simple, wont take long to swap...
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page