Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #1

Garage
6speedonline.com

I'm new to these forums and on a few occasions by Google search have found myself at 6speedonline.com. Just reading a thread or two there has prompted me to thank this forum's operator and moderators for creating this wonderful resource called 986forum.com and your decision to NOT completely bombard the viewer with seemingly every known advertising source across the Internet. I get it you need to place ads for revenue to fund this resource, and 986 has done so tastefully and respectfully -- 6speed is so obnoxious with top, side, and bottom ads plus in-window pop-ups that take over the reading pane I honestly just gave up and left.

Anyhow, thx again! You should consider (if you don't already- I'm on mobile so tuff to search) have a paid premium membership for like $12/annual or donation link.

Merry Christmas!

scottvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
Track rat

Garage
Suxspeed is the worst. Flame wars, moderated by advertising vendors, groupie fanbois... eeew!

Long live 986forum and Pelican!
Old 12-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #3

Garage
Go to site for bling inspiration & misinformation!
Old 12-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #4

yeah - the 'moderated by vendors' is a big thing. ie don't go there for accurate info on tpc turbo kit reliability for example.

good place to troll the classifieds for cheap parts, however, as the poseurs sell-off their old bits cheap so as to be able to fit the latest carbon fiber 'go fast while standing' still goodies.

The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote