Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2006, 02:47 PM   #21

I would scrap the Ebay option. If you sell it or do not sell it on Ebay you still pay $ to list the car.

I would stick to Auto Trader and state specifically the price you want is FIRM. Otherwise you open ourself up to be haggled before and after the test drive.

Perhaps you can request to see a letter of Loan Pre-Approval. I was given one from my bank before I bought my car that let me know how much I could finance.

Being a member of PCA definitely narrows the potential test drive, however you potential buyers will be from all walks of life.

Being 26 at the time when I bought my 986 S, I narrowed it down to 2 vehicles, one from a private party and the other from an Audi dealership. After I paid $180 (each) for a PPI I ended up going with the Boxster S from the Audi dealership (same price) because the Private party vehicle had an RMS Leak that needed to be fixed, AGAIN, which was within the 2/24000 warranty.

Just my experience, hope it helps.

KRZ

KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:06 AM   #22
olly986

Sharke, at the end of the day 16 or 77 you still have to get the best price for your car, when i got my second boxster the priveteer gave me the key and let me go driving his car (okay he kept my wife while i was gone) but i thought that was very nice of him and bought his car
Old 02-09-2006, 09:10 AM   #23
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986
Sharke, at the end of the day 16 or 77 you still have to get the best price for your car, when i got my second boxster the priveteer gave me the key and let me go driving his car (okay he kept my wife while i was gone) but i thought that was very nice of him and bought his car

olly986...how long were you gone? That was pretty risky!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:09 AM   #24
olly986

Just long enough for a quicky!!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:11 AM   #25
bmussatti

Quote:
Just long enough for a quicky!!

olly986, you got it all man...great food & chef, great car....and a great wife!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:22 AM   #26
olly986

did I mention the short shift too
Old 02-09-2006, 11:45 AM   #27
bmussatti

Quote:
did I mention the short shift too
I am sorry to hear about your short shifter! I thought you were going to tell us you had a big wanker.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #28
olly986

you should know that the right size is when your feet are firmly on the ground