Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #21

Wow Jd. Selling the Danger mobile? That car is personalized for you! Might as well keep it. The offers I would imagine, would be like a slap in the face. They knoweth not.

rp17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:31 AM   #22

Garage
But think of the forum's fitness! Without the workout series, we'll all get fat & slow!
2003S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #23
jakesbox

hey boss...sorry to hear about this. I hope you keep it. I sold my first one, bought my second 356 and missed my boxster so much i bought another one.

I know you have been on these boards for a long time and you have seen the same question come up time and time again and I want to be sure to be real with you but I am zero expert on this. I paid way too much for mine because it was local and I know the story on the car. that to me was worth a bunch... I am sure you know that with these cars...reality is any mods you do will not come back in the form of a huge payday.

it is a 2000s with low miles, which if anyone reads these threads, most are told that low miles are voodoo...but I would assume yours is one that is in perfect condition just by looking at it and knowing your passion for it.

I am seeing people buy these cars on here for dirt cheap...even the S models. I am not an expert but I would say you have to take most of the mods and forget about them and you will probably see 18 to 20K for the car tops...But, I hope with all that you have done, someone on here will snap that thing up and pay you a boat load as it is obviously worth it. I hope you get more than 25K for it. I would have offered you that if not more...but I am not a huge fan of the yellow. It is toooo damn fast looking...

Good luck man. I hope you get what you want for it!
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #24

So does this mean the Mayans were off by a year?
Old 09-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #25
Certified Boxster Addict

I checked: Hell IS starting to freeze over.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #26
Certified Boxster Addict

To the right buyer, this is a $40K car. Would cost $20K more than that to recreate. But its got to be the right buyer.
1979 911 SC
Old 09-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #27
Certified Boxster Addict

One more thing: I'd pave the friggin' road before I sold a Porsche!
1979 911 SC
Old 09-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #28

Where in Mass are you btw?
teleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
So does this mean the Mayans were off by a year?
I liked that one........

Reasons not to sell:

-you are bored with it (look at all the stripe talk) for now, let it sit until spring
-you will likely replace it (you like performance cars, buying another would be inevitable) and start modding whatever that is all over
-as stupid as it sounds, to a degree that car defines you, unless you've moved on or grown beyond that stage of your life
-it is beautiful. even if it is a 986 it looks better than anything else of that or the 987 series does
-dealing with the schmucks trying to lowball you during the selling process will cause you to commit several felonies
-you will lose your arse, but that is inevitable also when you sell
-etc.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #30
Damn Yankee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
Any thoughts on what it might be worth ?
To you - $60K+
To a knowledgeable enthusiast - $25k-$40K
To the open market - $22K

Just my thoughts. Final thought is to not sell it. If I still lived in New England, I would offer to store and "exercise" her for you..............

TO
TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #31

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by teleski View Post
Where in Mass are you btw?
The border of central and western Mass.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #32

Garage
My thanks to everyone for their input. Unless there's a male Kardashian sibling that I'm unaware of - who's willing to pay-out some cash, it seems unlikely that I would ever find the right buyer anyway. So I guess I'll probably hold onto the Dangermobile. Anyone close by who wants to borrow it for awhile ?
Old 09-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #33
still plays with cars...

Garage
Quote:
My thanks to everyone for their input. Unless there's a male Kardashian sibling that I'm unaware of - who's willing to pay-out some cash, it seems unlikely that I would ever find the right buyer anyway. So I guess I'll probably hold onto the Dangermobile. Anyone close by who wants to borrow it for awhile ?
I'm about 6 hours away... that's still "close by", right?
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #34

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterSteve View Post
I'm about 6 hours away... that's still "close by", right?
Isn't already snowing up there ?
Old 09-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #35

Car clearly hasn't been driven enough. I would have a thorough PPI.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #36
Damn Yankee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawleyD View Post
Car clearly hasn't been driven enough. I would have a thorough PPI.
Dude,

You are SO outta line................

TO
TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #37

Garage
Quote:
Because the road I live along is 2 mile stretch of unmaintained gravel, I've been forced to garage the D-mobile elsewhere for the last 2 1/2 years. Unfortunately, the only available garage that I could find - was located 10 miles away (that's 10 miles of backroad driving) With that said, unless I plan on going for a substantial drive , it's never convenient to take it out. In fact, the amount of time it takes for me to swap cars back and forth adds about 40 minutes to whatever I'm doing. So, I'm always discouraged from wanting to just hop in the car and take it out around town or on short drives. This probably sounds trivial to most, but it's a total pain in the a**. For that reason, I probably only drove it 1,000 to 1,500 miles this Spring/Summer. Prior to this, the vehicle was kept at a friend's place that was located 70 miles away, and for that reason it never got driven.
Easy solution... get yourself one of these:

Or one of these:

And a beater car/truck to pull it with.

Now you can drive your two mile gravel road, pulling the Dangermobile, find a parking spot, unload the Dangermobile and GO!

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #38
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
The border of central and western Mass.
Fall River! I knew I recognized the style.....

Er, Fawl Wiva

Just for the record, my wife made me the same ultimatum bud. I chose to just paint the damn house, not sell the car!!
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #39

Well, here's my input: start viewing your vehicle differently. By that I mean, drive it a lot, and put the top down whenever you can. I understand you've put a lot into it, but that's probably been fun in and of itself. It could be a show car, but I think you could gain your investment back in smiles and letting it get a little scratched up. Perhaps even raise it in the winter and put snow tires on it. You'll never get that money back, so you can either sell and lose, preserve and snore, or pretend it's brand new and you are going to drive it til the wheels fall off and have a blast. Surely this isn't too dangerous for man such as yourself. Whatever you decide, good luck and best wishes!

edit: didn't realize it was parked away from your house. Tough call. Move closer to your car? haha
Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #40

Quote:
Granville? Tolland? or further north? My folks live in south Berkshire County. I would gladly babysit the Dangermobile if I still lived back east. Perhaps my mom would be interested. She's the 80+ y.o. lady tooling around the Berkshires in a yellow TT. She would just love the Boxster!!

teleski is offline   Reply With Quote