Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
jakesbox

Smaller Interior?

Either I have gained weight or Porsche made the 2003 small than the 2002? I remember my first boxster. Got the seat positioned and it was perfect. I cant seem to get the seat back far enough or tilted properly to my liking yet without hitting the hoops. Maybe I am used to my 356...but this car seems smaller than the last one.

I also feel like I sit up much higher than in the 2003. Any thoughts or is it just a matter of getting used to?

2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trimer View Post
Either I have gained weight or Porsche made the 2003 small than the 2002? I remember my first boxster. Got the seat positioned and it was perfect. I cant seem to get the seat back far enough or tilted properly to my liking yet without hitting the hoops. Maybe I am used to my 356...but this car seems smaller than the last one.

I also feel like I sit up much higher than in the 2003. Any thoughts or is it just a matter of getting used to?
Do you have manual or electric seats?

Mine (2003 S) are manual (except for the angle part), and there is a lever on the side of the seat that will lower the seat.

I am 6'2" and about 230 and fit in the car fine

Ka is a wheel, and everything is 19
Coffinhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #3

Trimer, apart from the addition of a glove box and an upgrade to some interior materials, there are no changes to the interior as between a 2002 and 2003 Boxster.
southernstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #4

I know how you feel Trimer. Every time I leave one of my suits hanging in the closet for more than a few months the damn thing shrinks!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #5
jakesbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffinhunter View Post
Do you have manual or electric seats?

Mine (2003 S) are manual (except for the angle part), and there is a lever on the side of the seat that will lower the seat.

I am 6'2" and about 230 and fit in the car fine
I need to do some investigation. Mine are electic front except for the pushing back and forth. I am going to go out and see whats what!
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
Old 07-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #6
jakesbox

Quote:
I need to do some investigation. Mine are electic front except for the pushing back and forth. I am going to go out and see whats what!
FIXED!!! Thanks for the tip. Pulled that lever up and pushed myself down and back into a state of perfectness once again! Thanks!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #7

Garage
Quote:
FIXED!!! Thanks for the tip. Pulled that lever up and pushed myself down and back into a state of perfectness once again! Thanks!
Always gratifying to help one achieve a state of perfectness!

Ka is a wheel, and everything is 19
Coffinhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #8
jakesbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
I know how you feel Trimer. Every time I leave one of my suits hanging in the closet for more than a few months the damn thing shrinks!
I just had to put a suit on for the first time since moving to Jacksonville. Used to work at a bank and for 4 years...everyday - suit. I am in HR and it was required. In Florida - I dont think anyone here owns a suit! So needless to say, 3 years and it was the funniest site you will ever see. I have definitely gained a little around the mid section eating all this beach food!
Old 07-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #9

I've been so busy and the weather has been unbearably hot and humid here in Sauna City, Texas that I haven't worn my boxster in something like six weeks.

I got it in recently and noticed that the heat in the garage has shrunken the interior! I barely fit and I grunt getting in now, not just climbing out!

[The fact that Five Guys opened up recently down the street from my house has nothing to do with this issue, by the way.]

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote