986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Smaller Interior? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/47379-smaller-interior.html)

trimer 07-29-2013 07:23 AM

Smaller Interior?

Either I have gained weight or Porsche made the 2003 small than the 2002? I remember my first boxster. Got the seat positioned and it was perfect. I cant seem to get the seat back far enough or tilted properly to my liking yet without hitting the hoops. Maybe I am used to my 356...but this car seems smaller than the last one.

I also feel like I sit up much higher than in the 2003. Any thoughts or is it just a matter of getting used to?

Coffinhunter 07-29-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trimer (Post 354468)
Either I have gained weight or Porsche made the 2003 small than the 2002? I remember my first boxster. Got the seat positioned and it was perfect. I cant seem to get the seat back far enough or tilted properly to my liking yet without hitting the hoops. Maybe I am used to my 356...but this car seems smaller than the last one.

I also feel like I sit up much higher than in the 2003. Any thoughts or is it just a matter of getting used to?

Do you have manual or electric seats?

Mine (2003 S) are manual (except for the angle part), and there is a lever on the side of the seat that will lower the seat.

I am 6'2" and about 230 and fit in the car fine

southernstar 07-29-2013 07:52 AM

Trimer, apart from the addition of a glove box and an upgrade to some interior materials, there are no changes to the interior as between a 2002 and 2003 Boxster.

Mark_T 07-29-2013 08:28 AM

I know how you feel Trimer. Every time I leave one of my suits hanging in the closet for more than a few months the damn thing shrinks!

trimer 07-29-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffinhunter (Post 354474)
Do you have manual or electric seats?

Mine (2003 S) are manual (except for the angle part), and there is a lever on the side of the seat that will lower the seat.

I am 6'2" and about 230 and fit in the car fine

I need to do some investigation. Mine are electic front except for the pushing back and forth. I am going to go out and see whats what!

trimer 07-29-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trimer (Post 354490)
I need to do some investigation. Mine are electic front except for the pushing back and forth. I am going to go out and see whats what!

FIXED!!! Thanks for the tip. Pulled that lever up and pushed myself down and back into a state of perfectness once again! Thanks!

Coffinhunter 07-29-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trimer (Post 354491)
FIXED!!! Thanks for the tip. Pulled that lever up and pushed myself down and back into a state of perfectness once again! Thanks!

Always gratifying to help one achieve a state of perfectness!:D:cheers:

trimer 07-29-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_T (Post 354480)
I know how you feel Trimer. Every time I leave one of my suits hanging in the closet for more than a few months the damn thing shrinks!

I just had to put a suit on for the first time since moving to Jacksonville. Used to work at a bank and for 4 years...everyday - suit. I am in HR and it was required. In Florida - I dont think anyone here owns a suit! So needless to say, 3 years and it was the funniest site you will ever see. I have definitely gained a little around the mid section eating all this beach food!

RandallNeighbour 07-29-2013 10:18 AM

I've been so busy and the weather has been unbearably hot and humid here in Sauna City, Texas that I haven't worn my boxster in something like six weeks.

I got it in recently and noticed that the heat in the garage has shrunken the interior! I barely fit and I grunt getting in now, not just climbing out!

[The fact that Five Guys opened up recently down the street from my house has nothing to do with this issue, by the way.]