Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
Newb

Good Indy Shop South Central New Jersey

Well I took my Boxster on a business road trip this past week and while it rained off and on everyday. I did have a lot of top down evening rides which is my favorite time anyway.

I pickup a small screw in the passenger side rear and also had a motorcyclist warn me that my right brake light was out. So I proceeded to Google "Porsche repair" near me and a shop in Bordentown, NJ came up. It was a bit late in the evening so I fired off an email to the contact address on their website and sure enough first thing in the morning I got a replay to bring it right in. I called them and stated that I am not from around here and need to wait for my car. He said "no problem, bring it in" So I did and while I was there getting the bulb and tire fixed, I asked about an AC recharge. They said no problem. While the AC was charging the engine day right fan came on and the mechanic noticed that it did not sound quite right, so he looked in side with a flashlight and said something is touching the fan blades slightly. So off with the engine bay cover and I was shocked to see that a wire had been worn through the insulation but had not cut through any wire yet. He striped, resealed and zip tied it so that it would not be a problem again and put everything back together. While he was doing this he vacuumed every nook and cranny and check all drain holes. He then took the vac up front and did the same under the covers on either side of the battery and check those drain holes. Next he got his compressor nozzle and proceeded to clear out any junk that was in the radiators on the left and right sides. He blew a ton of stuff out and was at it for a while like he was going to make sure not a pine needle was left. before closing up the area where he had purged and refilled the AC, he pulled the cabin filter which was quite dirty and popped in a new one and said he replaced the paper one with a much better charcoal model.

I was thrilled to see all of this maintenance take place in under 90 min from the time I had arrived there. I was even more blown away when I paid the bill and it was just over $200 for everything. It was getting ready to rain and the heat and humidity was high. I left there with my AC ice cold and feeling really great that this shop was less than three miles from my hotel and was so accommodating.

Kudos to Max (mechanic) and Robbie Provost (owner) at Prevost Motorsports 850 Rt.260 South in Bordentown, NJ.

provostmotorsports.com

2008 Land Rover LR3 Alaska White/Alpaca
2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Dk Grey/Lt Grey
V-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:26 AM   #2

Always nice to read about a good service experience. And it was nice of you to stop and make this positive post. Most times we only read about the bad stuff.

Lesson learned, be diligent with your maintenance, especially before a road trip. Hey you said "business trip" can you expense the +$200?
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavor 987S View Post
Always nice to read about a good service experience. And it was nice of you to stop and make this positive post. Most times we only read about the bad stuff.

Lesson learned, be diligent with your maintenance, especially before a road trip. Hey you said "business trip" can you expense the +$200?
Other than the less than cool AC, things were in good order. I just spent nearly $7k a couple of months ago. But it's a Porsche and these little things will always crop up on a used vehicle. Expected and no complaints...

As for the business trip, it's .55/mi plus my day rate for travel. I could have flown and rented a Kia...but what kinda fun is that?

2008 Land Rover LR3 Alaska White/Alpaca
2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Dk Grey/Lt Grey
V-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote