Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2014, 06:09 AM   #21

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
^ I'm not sure I would agree with that conclusion. Paint and plastic can be repaired. I'd rather have an m96 engine that was driven frequently, year round. Cars that sit all winter in park make me wonder if the owner was diligent about putting in some fresh oil before hibernation, among other habits. These may look spotless on the outside but inside....tick, tick, tick.
I agree. If the roads are dry. I'm driving mine. I didn't pay a mint for my 99, it was VERY clean and still is. I drive it to work every time I get the chance. Some dry sunny days I have to drive a different vehicle that I can use to pick the kids up from school. All the rest of the time, its the boxster. I use the window shades. SW Colorado, so I don't get the extreme heat in the summer that a lot of folks on here do. I paid more for almost every other car we own right now than I did for the Box.

jdlmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:35 AM   #22

I use a window shade and the "pop top" someone

else referenced. I sometimes leave the top down and just cover the car with the pop top as it does a good job of keeping the interior cool. The car gets waxed at least monthly during the warmer months with carnauba and a paint sealant type of wax (3M). The leather and vinyl get conditioned with lexol and vinylex periodically as well. When I get the chance, (I work down town) I park in the afternoon shadow of the taller buildings around me so the car stays cool. I have a porsche cover for the car but rarely use it, especially away from the house as it has the logo printed on it and I figure it might get stolen or cause the car to be vandalized for whatever reason.

papasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote