Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
Lover of all things bacon

Need some help with my Bose bassbox

I am attempting to re-wire my Bose Bassbox back into my '05 Boxster S. The PO had cut the wires leading to the bassbox and I don't have the plug coming from the Bose amp.

So, the help I need is a wiring diagram of the wires leading from the Bose amp to the bassbox, preferrably with colors included.

I have pictures of the wires coming from the amp and the wires from the bassbox but I need help decoding what the wires are doing.

Thanks for the help and let me know if you want me to provide any pictures.

Les

2005 Boxster S
2003 Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG
LesMurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #2
Lover of all things bacon

Update - I finally worked out how to get the bassbox hooked up. I ended up taking the box apart and seeing where all the wires went. Then, had to cut off the Porsche/Bose 12-pin connector and used a combination of a 9-pin connector from an electronics store plus a couple of blade connectors for the power wires (since they were a larget guage). I did touch the pos and neg power leads once which ended up in a blown fuse. $3 for a pack of 5 25 amp fuses and I was back in business.

Not bad, but I will need to be very careful pulling the connectors apart each time I have to get the car serviced.

I know people don't care much for the sound of the Bose system, but it does sound a lot more full in the cockpit now.

2005 Boxster S
2003 Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG
LesMurray is offline   Reply With Quote