Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #1

No current Boxster manual?

Recently got a 2010 Boxster for the wife. Is there no good after market manual for it? Looks like the Bentley manual only goes to 2004.

Also, anybody have problems with getting the Homelink garage door openers to work? I can't sync mine with my Chamberlain garage door opener (my Corvette syncs just fine always). When I click the transmitter in front of the hood the running lights never flash. Tried multiple transmitters. Nothing.

petropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by petropolis View Post
Recently got a 2010 Boxster for the wife. Is there no good after market manual for it? Looks like the Bentley manual only goes to 2004.

Also, anybody have problems with getting the Homelink garage door openers to work? I can't sync mine with my Chamberlain garage door opener (my Corvette syncs just fine always). When I click the transmitter in front of the hood the running lights never flash. Tried multiple transmitters. Nothing.

Have you tried ordering one through a Porsche dealer? As far as Homelink is concerned mine worked the first time I tried to sync it. Held the opener in front of the hood and the lights flashed. Trying clearing out any previous codes by depressing and holding down two buttons at the same time. That will clear out any previous codes entered.
DawgFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by petropolis View Post

After 2004, Porsche stopped all printed service manuals, the information is available online by subscription only.

You may want to run a search about the Home link system over on RennTech.org; there have been several proposed solutions that seem to work.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
Trying clearing out any previous codes by depressing and holding down two buttons at the same time.
Tried that. No difference. I guess I'll take my remote down to the Porsche dealer and see if they have any luck or try a different garage door opener.

petropolis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
garage door opener , manual