Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #1

Various problems/questions

Hi,

First i have to say sorry about my bad English. It`s not my native language..well it`s not surprise because i`am from Scandinavia

I bought Boxster S -01 week ago. I have some problems with it and i hope someone can help me.

1.) When i close my soft-top roof left side (drivers side) don`t contact top of the windshield. Right side goes smooth but between left side roof and windshield there are 2 inch (5cm) gap. I have to help it with hand so i can put it on lock. It feels like left side closes "lazy" from the beginning when it starts to raise.

2.) My car leaks water from right side just close to the front bumper. My guess is that it is some pipe that carries water to light washer? Water is not radiator coolant.

3.) When i close my roof windows open 5cm and closes when i lock the roof. BUT when i open it windows open 5cm but don't go back up when roof has went down. Thats normal?

4.) On the left side of my steering wheel (just down from light control switch) is another one that says "select, escape, enter". According to my opticodes my car is without on-board computer. Previous owner said there is something wrong on it and i cant reset trip-meter and i don't see nothing underneath my trip-meter and there should be temperature meter even if i don't have on-board computer. Last owner said that there was some electric wire that have been forgot to put in place back in the time but where that could be..?

5.) I don't see my radio antenna anywhere? Where is antenna in boxster or where should it be

These might be noob questions but i tried to search and couldn't find solutions and i`am new owner of Boxster so everything is new.
Sorry my English but i hope you guys understand and can help me

Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
3.) When i close my roof windows open 5cm and closes when i lock the roof. BUT when i open it windows open 5cm but don't go back up when roof has went down. Thats normal?)
When I put down the top on my 2000 S the windows drop a little, and they stay dropped even when the top is fully down. I believe that is normal.

Steve

steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote