Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #1

2001 'S' Option Packages

Hey guys- Does anyone recall what the following packages gave you when ordering your Boxster back new?

I am looking at the original window sticker for my 01 S and I see it has:

Boxster Red Special Leather- 2,370 - Is that just the expensive way to have the red interior? Or was there a different red available?

Design Package- 1,640 - What did that give you?

Sport Package- 1,560 Did this include the sport exhaust, or something else?

Special Chassis Rididly Tuned- 690 Did this really change anything, or did they just soak people for a few extra bucks? haha

Thanks!!

2010 CBR1000RR- Sold
Wilson01S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #2

Garage
Wilson might be able to help somewhat. Had a look in my car file and have the 80 page sales booklet for the 01' they gave me while dealing on my S.

Leather Package: Lower part of instrument panel, side air vents including directional slats, defrost trim, central air vents frame, heat/air conditioning unit frame, left and right switch trims, ignition rosette, door handle cover, storage lid, door tube and cover for mirror attachment, covered with leather in interior color.

Design Package: Stainless steel door sills, silver painted supplemental safety bar, gear shift and handbrake in aluminum and leather.

Sport Package: Windstop, cruise control, alarm system, AM/FM CD radio, Hi-Fi sound package.

Sport Chassis: More rigidly tuned springs and shocks (front and rear).

Hope this helps, somehow I think there's a bit more in your red leather package then I'm seeing in the booklet though.