986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Long Island / NY Boxster Meet (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/46210-long-island-ny-boxster-meet.html)

Bmod986 10-11-2013 03:59 PM

That sounds like a good place to go. I won't participate in the auto cross because I need an alignment among other things before I feel confident. But I would love to spectate and eat.

black_box 10-11-2013 04:00 PM

It's 35 member / 50 non. It's a lot of work for the organizers, so I don't mind ponying up. PCA members can bring a guest at member rate. You can have two registrants per car. I am probably going to bring my girlfriend (it's the only way she'll drive fast ;)).

There's usually a half dozen boxsters and caymans there, along with classic 911's, 914's, and usually a couple GT3's plus all the modified Miata dudes who drive harder than anyone and post crazy fast times. The stock classes can be competitive for beginners though -- I took 2nd place at my last event.

Bmod986 10-11-2013 04:06 PM

Is that to participate in the auto cross or just to attend?

black_box 10-11-2013 04:17 PM

spectating is free

evo-r 10-11-2013 04:20 PM

I'll be spectating as well (need to replace my trailing arms). Can you please post the schedule?

Bmod986 10-11-2013 04:21 PM

Did the quick google search for the prices and its $45 for non PCA members to participate. Thats not a bad deal at all. I have to get my girl sorted out to do one of these. SO ya I think I would love to attend these event.
Last question from what is the time schedule?

black_box 10-11-2013 04:26 PM

Metro NY-PCA @ Tobay Beach, NY - AutoX4U.com

from the PCA site:

Tobay beach is located 4.2 miles East of the Jones Beach Water Tower on the North side of Ocean Parkway.

From Western Long Island, the Meadowbrook Parkway (South) or the Wantagh Parkway (South) lead into Ocean Parkway. Once on Ocean Parkway continue East towards Jones Beach. Continue approximately 4.2 miles East of Jones Beach Water Tower.

From Eastern Long Island, take either the Southern State Parkway or the Sagtikos Parkway to The Robert Moses Causeway. The R.M.C. runs into Ocean Parkway. Take Ocean Parkway West, towards Jones Beach. Tobay Beach is on your right (North side) as soon as you cross over into Nassau County. BE ALERT, there is no sign for Tobay going West on Ocean Parkway.

questions should go to: autocrosschair@gmail.com (Dan Fishkind)

If you want to register, be there by 8:30 am. Otherwise, racing generally starts at 10 am.

evo-r 10-14-2013 04:28 PM

I just found out there will be a concours at the Americana Manhasset (Miracle Mile) this Sunday 8am-2pm (judging starts at 9:30am). I think I'll go check out the concours at 9am then leave at 11am and head to Tobay Beach . Anyone wants to meet me at the concours then cruise to Tobay?

Here is the link for the concours; http://manhasset-concours.com/gallery-americana-concours-manhasset-car-show-image-photo/

evo-r 10-14-2013 05:13 PM

And Wayne Carini (from TV show "Chasing Classic Cars") will be at the concours too... :cheers:

black_box 10-15-2013 12:12 PM

I'll also be going to the SCCA Autocross saturday at Nassau Coliseum.

black_box 10-18-2013 11:13 AM

So guys, who's up for AX / BBQ at Porsche club meet this Sunday? I am going, along with a couple friends. Should be a blast and remember that AX doesn't require any mods to your car.

evo-r 10-18-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black_box (Post 368128)
So guys, who's up for AX / BBQ at Porsche club meet this Sunday? I am going, along with a couple friends. Should be a blast and remember that AX doesn't require any mods to your car.

I'll be going to the concours at Americana Manhasset first then should be at that AX/BBQ around 11:30~noon. I believe "Bmod986" will be there around the same time as well. BTW, I've just joined the PCA earlier this week. See yal on Sunday :cheers:

Bmod986 10-18-2013 05:58 PM

Yes I will be there on sunday hopefully before 1pm. As long as there is no traffic and such. I will try to bring some friends along