Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 02:26 AM   #1

Garage
Our Boxster is pigeon-toed

My wife's daily driver '01 has really increased it's appetite for rear tires. We used to get 15-17000 per set, but it dropped to 7000 for the previous set and this set of Falkens lasted 3 months or less than 4,000 miles!

I did a quick check tonight with an alignment tool and it's got about 1/2" of toe-in! That explains the short tire life. Since I have another car on my lift, could someone give me an idea of where to look first for obvious problems? By the way, it's a stock 986 with sport package, factory 17s and 145,000 miles. Yes, really.

s2per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:49 AM   #2

Rear toe link arms: eccentric adustable ends at the sub frame; rubber bushings on the other end I think.

The arms are easily visible aft of the rear wheel carrier/trunions
An alignment should take care of this problem unless your eccentric adjusters are becoming loose for some reason
Old 05-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #3

Garage
Thanks for the reply. I found a local independent import shop that fortunately has a very good alignment rack. I decided to leave this one to the professionals.