986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Johnny Danger Says Farewell ! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/46161-johnny-danger-says-farewell.html)

Farewell Danger 05-28-2013 09:41 AM

Johnny Danger Says Farewell !

A message from Johnny Danger:

This morning I received a message that I had been "banned" from the forum. Aside from my usual zany and off-beat nature, I can't think of any reason why this action would have been taken against me ? I've received no warnings to date, nor any subsequent notification as to why I was "banned" ? In any case, I've enjoyed my participation on the forum over the years. My objective all along was to bring some fun and amusement to the community without breaching any rules or intentionally offending anyone's sensibilities, as well as engaging in a meaningful discussion(s) with fellow enthusiasts about all things related to the boxster. After almost 5 years of membership and nigh on to 4,000 posts, I hoped that I've brought some level of enjoyment and practical knowledge and experience to this forum, to include the friendships that have evolved in the course of doing so. After all, we had 986 Poetry, Boxsterpiece Theater, 986 Trivia, Driving Music and of course my favorite - the Danger Winter Workout Series ! Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Farewell to all, and remember I put the "err... in danger" !

JD

aclark133 05-28-2013 09:46 AM

Well this is sad. On a side note, still waiting for a goodie in the mail! Are you going to try having your account reinstated?

rp17 05-28-2013 09:54 AM

Is this a joke? Banned for no reason? No warning? That sux dude. Can someone give an explanation to what gets you banned?

drew44 05-28-2013 10:20 AM

If this is true, it is a sad day. As a new memeber to this forum I appreciate everything you have said and the humor you have brought to your posts. I hope you can get reinstated and continue to bring some smiles to the forum!!

heliguy 05-28-2013 10:21 AM

Can we start a petition to get you reinstated? I always love reading your wit and knowledge.

Crono0001 05-28-2013 10:33 AM

Johnny Danger's posts are the only posts I go out of my way to read -_-

woodsman 05-28-2013 10:40 AM

banned? time to reinvent.

I can't imagine why. This must be a joke

Flavor 987S 05-28-2013 10:43 AM

Johnny Danger, my guess is that your side stripes did you in my friend. That's a bannable offense right there.

Just reinvent yourself and come back. That's what I did several years ago.

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/45395-yea-nay-stripe.html

And this does not say you're banned.

manolo 05-28-2013 10:54 AM

If this is true, there is no reason to come to this forum anymore. You can go ahead and ban me too. Johnny Danger was the only reason to visit this place.
**************** you mods!

TeamOxford 05-28-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farewell Danger (Post 344666)
A message from Johnny Danger:

This morning I received a message that I had been "banned" from the forum. Aside from my usual zany and off-beat nature, I can't think of any reason why this action would have been taken against me ? I've received no warnings to date, nor any subsequent notification as to why I was "banned" ? In any case, I've enjoyed my participation on the forum over the years. My objective all along was to bring some fun and amusement to the community without breaching any rules or intentionally offending anyone's sensibilities, as well as engaging in a meaningful discussion(s) with fellow enthusiasts about all things related to the boxster. After almost 5 years of membership and nigh on to 4,000 posts, I hoped that I've brought some level of enjoyment and practical knowledge and experience to this forum, to include the friendships that have evolved in the course of doing so. After all, we had 986 Poetry, Boxsterpiece Theater, 986 Trivia, Driving Music and of course my favorite - the Danger Winter Workout Series ! Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Farewell to all, and remember I put the "err... in danger" !
JD

Not so fast, Danger.

You're not getting away that easy.

We know you got the Falcon hidden somewhere, so ya better start talking, or the girl gets it!

Rocky Rococo

southernstar 05-28-2013 11:11 AM

Frankly, I don't get this either. I must say, one of things I have enjoyed about this forum, apart from Johnny's humorous little side-threads and his insights about986 Boxster tuning, is that I haven't seen evidence of the sort of heavy-handed censorship that the moderators of some forums engage in. If this is not a joke at our expense (kind of like being able to attend your own funeral!), surely some clarification is in order from our mods.

Brad

Mark_T 05-28-2013 11:27 AM

I would like to know what has actually happened first before I react. If it is as it appears then react I shall.

I'm going to join Heiko's forum anyway now that I know about it (how did this slip past me, I wonder?). I just had a quick look, and it looks pretty cool!

Farewell Danger 05-28-2013 11:28 AM

Received this morning:

vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

jb92563 05-28-2013 11:30 AM

Perhaps its one of those Auto ban bots that found one of the Magic cardinal Sins in a post. Spelling mistake likely!

I also go out of my way to read JD's amusing and entertaining comments.

I'm going to find out what an admin has to say about this and hope to get this undone.

Personally I think that JD's nemesis has found a loophole in the ways of this Board and managed to lay a trap that JD inadvertantly stumbled into.

But then again JD probably did the stumbling on purpose to help expose the double agent and have the whole plan backfire on him.

thstone 05-28-2013 11:32 AM

JD - Has to be a mistake. PM BruceLee to fix it.

EssexPorsche 05-28-2013 11:40 AM

Well I'm quitting as well then!
No danger, no Essex.

jb92563 05-28-2013 11:53 AM

Bottom right corner of the page you will find a "Contact us" link, so write to the Webmaster to have JD reinstated.

I know some Forums have Auto Ban bots to prevent spammers and advertising robots from flooding the board with useless irritating posts.

Its quite a battle to keep forums clean like this one and I have to say they have done an admiral job of it but mistakes do occur with the bans and it only takes a polite request to make the world right again.

So folks, Email the webmaster on the "Contact us" link near the bottom right corner of the page.

I have sent my email already.

ekam 05-28-2013 12:04 PM

Wow. That's just wrong.

2003S 05-28-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono0001 (Post 344680)
Johnny Danger's posts are the only posts I go out of my way to read -_-

Seriously.

sweeper 05-28-2013 12:15 PM

Request sent to Webmaster

Mr Danger,

I'm not sure what kind of tomfoolery you have been up too behind the scenes, but I am hoping this is a misunderstanding and they sign you back up with apologies!

Sweeper