986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Johnny Danger Says Farewell ! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/46161-johnny-danger-says-farewell.html)

jb92563 05-28-2013 12:16 PM

I also PM'd RKWEI for help in resolving this.

I think it was a mistake because the Ban was not done in the following manner.
You would certainly know when and why you were going to be banned.

Below is the Ban Policy:

Policing

986forum.com operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum
of two times for any and all offences in a three month period. Arguing with
moderator after having received a warning will lead to an immediate
additional warning.After a third warning, a temporary ban will be put in
place of between 1 to 7 days. Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban
will lead to that ban being made permanent.

Wayne 962 05-28-2013 12:22 PM

Hi guys. I think I accidentally clicked one of Johnny Danger's posts last night when I was cleaning up some spam on the forums. This occasionally happens when there's spam mixed in with the regular posts. It says that I (Wayne at Pelican Parts) performed the ban last night, and the only thing I did was clean up some spam. So, my apologies, there's no conspiracy going on :) , just me, who apparently made a clicking mistake.

I've already fixed Danger's account, and it should be good to go again.

Sorry again for the messup and the confusion...

-Wayne

southernstar 05-28-2013 12:30 PM

Thanks Wayne, I figured it had to be something like that - as I said, I have never seen signs on this forum of heavy-handed censorship. Heck, even when people take shots at Pelican parts, you let them stand.

As for Johnny, you did get to attend your own funeral! Nice to know that if you ever do disappear, you will be missed!

Brad

aclark133 05-28-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne at Pelican Parts (Post 344732)
Hi guys. I think I accidentally clicked one of Johnny Danger's posts last night when I was cleaning up some spam on the forums. This occasionally happens when there's spam mixed in with the regular posts. It says that I (Wayne at Pelican Parts) performed the ban last night, and the only thing I did was clean up some spam. So, my apologies, there's no conspiracy going on :) , just me, who apparently made a clicking mistake.

I've already fixed Danger's account, and it should be good to go again.

Sorry again for the messup and the confusion...

-Wayne

All is right in the world now

Trinidad at Pelican Parts 05-28-2013 12:36 PM

Good Afternoon JD,

Our deepest apologies, this was absolutely a mistake on our end. Last evening while moderating spam we accidentally banned you by mistake. Your original account has already been reinstated and again we apologize for any inconvenience. You are an appreciated forum member and we have always enjoyed your input, sound advice and having you as a participant. Once again our deepest apologies.

Sincerely,
Trinidad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farewell Danger (Post 344666)
A message from Johnny Danger:

This morning I received a message that I had been "banned" from the forum. Aside from my usual zany and off-beat nature, I can't think of any reason why this action would have been taken against me ? I've received no warnings to date, nor any subsequent notification as to why I was "banned" ? In any case, I've enjoyed my participation on the forum over the years. My objective all along was to bring some fun and amusement to the community without breaching any rules or intentionally offending anyone's sensibilities, as well as engaging in a meaningful discussion(s) with fellow enthusiasts about all things related to the boxster. After almost 5 years of membership and nigh on to 4,000 posts, I hoped that I've brought some level of enjoyment and practical knowledge and experience to this forum, to include the friendships that have evolved in the course of doing so. After all, we had 986 Poetry, Boxsterpiece Theater, 986 Trivia, Driving Music and of course my favorite - the Danger Winter Workout Series ! Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Farewell to all, and remember I put the "err... in danger" !

JD

The Radium King 05-28-2013 01:38 PM

teapot tempest. for while there jd was a pied piper of crazies, marching off into the ether with a trail of disgruntled typists and their asterisk-laden posts following behind him.

patssle 05-28-2013 02:23 PM

Wait - Pelican owns this message board too?

http://sighroll.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/themoreyouknow.jpg

Johnny Danger 05-28-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinidad at Pelican Parts (Post 344742)
Good Afternoon JD,

Our deepest apologies, this was absolutely a mistake on our end. Last evening while moderating spam we accidentally banned you by mistake. Your original account has already been reinstated and again we apologize for any inconvenience. You are an appreciated forum member and we have always enjoyed your input, sound advice and having you as a participant. Once again our deepest apologies.

Sincerely,
Trinidad

Thanks for the kind words. I have to admit, in hindsight, I may have drawn the wrong conclusion too soon. However, I was truly concerned that I had been banned for no apparent reason. Water under the bridge. I'm happy to have been made whole again.

litespeedp 05-28-2013 02:37 PM

Close call ! Everyone knows that JD is our connection to 007 and the Cartel of Cool.

Flavor 987S 05-28-2013 04:29 PM

This should still serve as a warning to the younger Boxster owners. You start pimping your ride with side stripes, and don't he surprised if the hammer falls. Just saying.

Johnny Danger 05-28-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavor 987S (Post 344782)
This should still serve as a warning to the younger Boxster owners. You start pimping your ride with side stripes, and don't he surprised if the hammer falls. Just saying.

Boy, I'll never live those stripes down !

thstone 05-28-2013 05:15 PM

Mistake. Told ya'll.

Jager 05-28-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Danger (Post 344785)
Boy, I'll never live those stripes down !

I had fun with it.

http://986forum.com/forums/uploads01...1369790177.jpg

Johnny Danger 05-28-2013 05:58 PM

I was a wreck earlier today thinking that I had lost contact with you guys.

Abnormal Psych - What About Bob - YouTube

Allen K. Littlefield 05-28-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Danger (Post 344804)
I was a wreck earlier today thinking that I had lost contact with you guys.

Abnormal Psych - What About Bob - YouTube

I, for one, would have been appalled if this really happened. Your help on wheel spacers and offset info. alone would be enough to enshrine you on this list forever. We don't have enough humor in the world these days and to ban you would have been the last straw!!! Glad it has been cleared up. Party on PEACOCK and get rid of those bloody stripes before I have to drive up there.......

AKL:cool:

Johnny Danger 05-28-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield (Post 344805)
I, for one, would have been appalled if this really happened. Your help on wheel spacers and offset info. alone would be enough to enshrine you on this list forever. We don't have enough humor in the world these days and to ban you would have been the last straw!!! Glad it has been cleared up. Party on PEACOCK and get rid of those bloody stripes before I have to drive up there.......

AKL:cool:

I did I tell you that I'm adding side stripes and hood stripes just in time for the New Paltz 4th of July parade !

fatmike 05-28-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jager (Post 344793)

That made me laugh.

/

BruceH 05-29-2013 06:45 AM

Wow, take a day off from the forum and look what happens! My heart stopped until I got to page two. Thank goodness it was a mistake. This forum would not be the same with out you Johnny! Glad to see you are now back, the world is right again:cheers::D

Coffinhunter 05-29-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceH (Post 344870)
Wow, take a day off from the forum and look what happens! My heart stopped until I got to page two. Thank goodness it was a mistake. This forum would not be the same with out you Johnny! Glad to see you are now back, the world is right again:cheers::D

I was feeling the same way. Where would we possibly get our culture from?

manolo 05-29-2013 10:31 AM

Phew. I'm still only coming here to read JD's posts. And one day I plan to do a write up on how to install an IMS in a Cayenne Turbo...