Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2022, 03:15 AM   #1

3.2 - 3 chain engine - P1325 - camshaft adjustment bank 2 (invalid signal)

I have a 2003 (ROW) 3.2 with a 3 chain engine. So camshaft adjustment via oil pressure.

I had a IMS bearing change done by a workshop. Since than the engine shows vibrations in nearly every rpm range.

I've diagnosed it with Piwis and there is a static DME DTC P1325 error. P1325 = camshaft adjustment bank 2 (invalid signal).

I've cleared the code, but it came back after i drove above around approx. 4.000 rpm.

If the code is cleared, the engine seems t run a bit nicer if you only run it at low revs.

Additionally i checked for engine vibrations via Piwis. At low rpms they where at 10% and climbing up with rpms. To me that seems to be a pretty high value.

Camshaft position is on -0.8 and 1.6. So should be OK.

Unfortunately i don't have a detailed documentation on the face lift engines with the oil pressure controlled vane cell adjuster camshafts. But it seems that there are solenoids and connectors that can be checked. Does anybody have a detailed documentation on that?

Also some instructions on that P1325 DTC would be very helpful.

Thanks

Last edited by Smallblock454; 07-11-2022 at 09:52 PM.
Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 05:39 AM   #2

P1325 Camshaft Adjustment, Bank 2 – Signal Implausible

Possible fault cause:

- Dirt in system

- Solenoid hydraulic valve mechanically blocked
Old 07-11-2022, 09:20 AM   #3

Thanks JFP in PA.

That makes sense.

Also found a video on Youtube from Japan about this topic. In the video someone shows how he cleans these valves of his 3.6 996 engine.

https://youtu.be/wb8S9ng0vdY

Checked the PET. But in the 986 PET i couldn't find the valves. Than checked the 987.1 PET and it seems that the parts for the valves are part no 38 to 48.

Does anybody know which valve is responsible for which bank (1 and 2) of the engine?

Last edited by Smallblock454; 07-11-2022 at 09:42 AM.
Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote