Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #1

Thumbs up hardtop

I just finished installing the hardtop that I bought from an ad on this forum, from Eric of Hergesheimer Motor Sports. Thanks to all the great information here, I had no trouble installing the shoulder bolts that hold the spin lock inserts in place (I removed the trim behind the seat belts to make it easier). Perfect color match (Arctic Silver) and after a little adjusting of the side latches, it fits great! It really quiets the road noise and convertible squeaks; I even find myself shifting at higher RPMs. I'm sure I'll remove it soon until autumn (it's almost summer here), but I sure love it :dance:! Too lazy to take pics right now (Google Images has tons of pics that look just like it).

Last edited by Joe B; 05-11-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:06 AM   #2

It's a nice addition to the car. I bought mine about 6 months after I bought my Boxster (in an Ebay auction that ended on July 4th).

I haven't checked the market lately, but I recently learned a family friend is looking for a hard top and I was going to try to help him out. What are market conditions like now in terms of prices and sellers' willingness to ship?
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #3

hard top, picture added

I paid $1500 for one in absolutely perfect condition, including all mounting hardware. I picked it up, but I think he would have shipped it. I'm sure shipping would be expensive, and a hassle to box up, and will have to go by freight.
Attached Images

Last edited by Joe B; 05-12-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #4

looks good! your car is very cleen looking- free from unnecessary adornment
Old 05-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #5

Thanks! I would have preferred totally stock, but the guy I bought it from had just put on the 18" Carrera wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, brake rotors and pads, new windshield, new clutch and ROW M030 suspension. And for a very good price. Can't complain !
Old 05-13-2013, 05:37 AM   #6
Homeboy981

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
Thanks! I would have preferred totally stock, but the guy I bought it from had just put on the 18" Carrera wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, brake rotors and pads, new windshield, new clutch and ROW M030 suspension. And for a very good price. Can't complain !
Hey Joe! IF you want to get rid of that RoW M030….just let me know!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboy981 View Post
Hey Joe! IF you want to get rid of that RoW M030….just let me know!
Why would I want to do that ? Car handles great !