Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2005, 08:40 PM   #1
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 3,417
Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
How do you remove the center caps?

How do you remove the center caps? My 18 Inch Turbo Twist should be showing up anytime soon and I would like to keep my caps off my current wheels but I have no clue how to remove them.

-99' Zenith Blue 5-spd...didn't agree with a center divider on the freeway
-01' S Orient Red Metallic 6-spd...money pit...sold to buy a house
blinkwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:44 PM   #2
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,033
You can pop them out after you remove the wheels or use something pointy and hooked( like a dentist pick) and pry out the old ones using the small hole in the center caps.
'03 3.2L GuardsRed/Blk/Blk---6Spd
Options: Litronics, 18" Carrera lights, Bose sound, Painted to match roll bars.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:13 AM   #3
Posts: n/a
I have seen a small tool that can be purchased to remove the center caps.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:47 AM   #4
Registered User
fab's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 386
I have seen a tool on Ebay for cheap money but, what I did was I use a coat hanger and made my own tool. Worked like a charm.
fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:09 AM   #5
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: florida
Posts: 87
The tool for this is missing from your spare tire tool bag? That's where mine was. Looks like a coat hanger with a loop on one end and a hook on the other, about 3 inches long.
prOk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:16 AM   #6
Registered User
tqtran's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 416
You can get the tool from ************************************************************************************************ for around $15 new I think.
tqtran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:36 AM   #7
Registered User
Brucelee's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 8,083

All you need is a thin allen head wrench. Use the 90 degree angle aspect of the wrench. Slide the end in, bend and pull. You can add pliers if the cap is really stuck in there.

No need for a special wrench. In fact, I have the special wrench and the allen head works better.

Good luck.

Rich Belloff

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page