Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2005, 05:07 AM   #21

Hi Paul

thanks for the comments on the car !

yep its the BAS replacement hood with glass rear screen, simon at Essential now fits these as well (£695 inc fitting and vat)

And yes again, its the later model spoiler. My turbo style rear bumper was the first that Essential had taken delivery of and it turned out that is was made for the later model, consequently they changed the spoiler over to suit the shape of the bumper at the top.

if you like you go fo it bud! As you probs know the general UK owner doesnt mod his porsche so even with two of us we'll still be pretty unique :-)

I've already told the body shop to paint the wheels and I'm picking them up on thursday, so we'll have ot see how they turn out. fortunately being a split rim its not that hard to return the centres to gun metal or the likes if I dont like them yellow...............fingers crossed tho.

perry190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:39 PM   #22
olly986

hi perry
have poor picture of the 2.5 front but will post S picture when reinstall, will probably get rear wing from simon too in the new year, was going to invest in white lenses but new car has them already
cheers
Old 12-24-2005, 04:18 AM   #23

not very good pictures as its cloudy and dark, but I'm happy with how theyve turned out

just need to get some new porsche centre caps and bolt covers to finish them off as i'll be selling my old 18's with the existing crested centre caps in place

Old 12-24-2005, 06:45 AM   #24

Very nice, looks very sharp.

Mike
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 07:35 AM   #25
bmussatti

Looks nice. I hope you get a good wheel brush and cleaner from Santa!
Old 12-24-2005, 07:42 AM   #26

cheers guys! :-)

must admit it took me about 30 mins with a small sponge to clean them, so a wheel brush had better be under the tree tomorrow!

thanks again

P
Old 12-27-2005, 01:45 AM   #27
olly986

hi perry and happy christmas
i have to say that it looks nicer than the pic on previous thread, i also had some similar wheels on an 320 bmw years ago (BBS) which was a serious pain to clean at the time i used a product that needed to be mixed with a little water and shaken well then applied with a small brush. a little time consuming but the result was good, i am sure they are lots of products out there now that will do a similar job, by the way santa just brought me a karcher which i am going to try later on, maybe this will make it easier too!
Old 12-27-2005, 03:02 AM   #28

Merry Xmas Olly!

I was considering a karcher or possibly a steam cleaner to aid with the process. Only thing I found when I had a jet washer before was that with a cold water fead it didnt work as well as the garage ones which of course use hot water.

I plumbed in a hot water outside tap but the pressure wasnt good enough to keep the jet washer supplied correctly and it kept 'searching' and didnt like it at all.

will be interested to see how you get on with your new toy ;-)

P
Old 12-27-2005, 05:25 AM   #29
bmussatti

Hey guys sorry I have to ask...but what is a karcher??

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:18 AM   #30

Hi
Karcher is a european supplier of jet washers and the like (german i think) they are usually viewed as the quality end ofthe market over here when compared with the cheap ones you can get in home depot type stores
Old 12-27-2005, 06:22 AM   #31
bmussatti

Thanks, perry190! Learn something new everyday....especially on this forum.