Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #1

Power Drivers seat - Switch weirdness

Hi all

I had my 2000 seats recovered by a pro shop and put them back in today. Pass side, no sweat. The drivers side however, now has all kind of issues with the control switches on the side. The horizontal one (fwd) will not move the seat back and forth, just one side of the switch, when moved up and down, will move the seat bottom up some.

On the vertical switch for the backrest ..........that one now controls the fwd and aft movement of the seat! But even with that, it only goes so far forward and then stops. In fact, I can't get the seat to move forward enough to get the two rear bolts back in the rail to bolt the seat down to the car again.

Strangly, it appears that the memory thing is still working and "remembering" my seat position, even though the battery was disconnected for a time.

What the hell has happened? I pulled the seat out and checked all the connections again...even took the side switch apart to make sure all wires were still attached etc and it all looks fine.

I'm completely baffled at this point. Hope someone can shed some light.

Thx,
Mark

jetrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #2

JETROCKER,

Reference having your seats recovered.

I need either new seats or new leather covers put on them.

May I ask how much it cost to have your seats recovered?

Right now I am looking to purchase a drivers seat from Corbeau.

Thanks
MNC-I
mnc-i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:51 AM   #3

The seat skins were about $780 at leatherseats.com. Very nice product. The recover at a pro shop was $600 total. Highly recommend pro install. It's a complicated seat...
jetrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #4

Garage
Any chance you can post pictures of your seats? I'm also looking at leatherseats.com. Having a hard time with color. My stock seats are Savannah Beige.

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetrocker View Post
The seat skins were about $780 at leatherseats.com. Very nice product. The recover at a pro shop was $600 total. Highly recommend pro install. It's a complicated seat...

jccash is offline   Reply With Quote