Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Johnny Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,810
Garage
Any Member with SEO/Social Media skills ?

Any member with SEO/ social media skills ?

__________________
Don't worry I've got the microfilm.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 64
SEO? as in Search Engine Optimization? ... if so PM me a question ...
__________________
2001 Porsche Boxster 2.7 L
BMAN_986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #3
Registered User
 
Johnny Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,810
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAN_986 View Post
SEO? as in Search Engine Optimization? ... if so PM me a question ...
Yes, search engine optimization. PM sent.
__________________
Don't worry I've got the microfilm.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 711
<--- used to be a club promoter. Social media is a big way of getting things out to the college crowd, assuming that's your demographic.
Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:40 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Johnny Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,810
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono0001 View Post
<--- used to be a club promoter. Social media is a big way of getting things out to the college crowd, assuming that's your demographic.
Looking for advice from someone who has a lot of experience - specifically in the area of search engine optimization.
__________________
Don't worry I've got the microfilm.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:28 AM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 711
Did I just get turned down by Johnny Danger?

Break my heart man... I was gonna wear my speed yellow tuxedo too...





But what I'm saying is, I'm quite experienced in Social Media, send me a PM on what you need.
Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Johnny Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,810
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono0001 View Post
Did I just get turned down by Johnny Danger?

Break my heart man... I was gonna wear my speed yellow tuxedo too...





But what I'm saying is, I'm quite experienced in Social Media, send me a PM on what you need.
Sorry, Cronorella. Didn't mean to imply anything negative. Will send a PM.
__________________
Don't worry I've got the microfilm.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 7,236
JD, I've written a number of SEO articles for my web site and they drove it to the top of the first page in google. I can send you some information on how to do it.

Problem is that you can't stop doing it. You have to keep doing it and start cross-linking SEO articles to one another and it gets very complicated. There's an SEO software package I can direct you to use if you want the software to do all the hyperlinking for you in an article database that resides on a server.
__________________
'97 Boxster (Black Hole for 42,000 Dead Presidents and counting) - 122k
New motor, transmission, suspension, and on and on and on it goes...
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
Problem is that you can't stop doing it. You have to keep doing it and start cross-linking SEO articles to one another and it gets very complicated. There's an SEO software package I can direct you to use if you want the software to do all the hyperlinking for you in an article database that resides on a server.
Indeed - it's a lengthy and time intensive process. I did it at my current place when I first started working 5 years ago and successfully got things ranked high organically (achieved several #1 rankings in our industry).

Now I just give our money to Google Adwords - much easier!

__________________
DD summer/winter: 2000 Boxster S
DD spring/fall: 914-6 w/ 3.0L SC Dual Webers

http://imgur.com/a/k0Wtl - My 914-6 Build/Project Story
patssle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page