Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 04:56 AM   #1

Garage
Schnell Short Shift Kit...do you like or dislike yours???

I have a 1998 Box with 2.5 motor and the 5 speed transmission. I'm considering the Schnell Short Shift Kit but I must admit that the inability to go back to stock leaves me with concerns. I've heard rumors that this kit works best on the 5 speeds??? I have searched the forum and found good information but was just wanting to throw the question out there to get some fresh feedback on this kit. Thanks in advance.

Meat Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #2

For year 2000 there are a lot ways out if you don't like it. I would assume fitment would be the same for 98.

You can go to a 997 shifter which should bolt right in... Please check this out.

I had a B + M on a six speed and pulled it out in favour of a 997 SSK. The former was way too notchy. Realize that the shortness is accomplished by reduced mechanical advantage and consequently resolution suffers
Old 04-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #3

I recently had a short shift fitted to my 03 S and have to say that I'm well impressed by it. It needs a slightly firmer hand in the morning when cold but after a short distance its fine, the speed of shift and rifle bolt feeling really enhance your driving, especially when pressing on.

Michiganstar is offline   Reply With Quote