Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #1

Intermix or condensation in oil?

Hello all

What an afternoon of work! Long story short, smoke sign of a bad AOS. (second in 2500miles) Open the intake, lots of oil, clean it. Then proceed to remove the AOS and found a strange foam in the lower tube, the one connected to the long pipe going to the PCV valve. Took more than an hour to pull out the PCV valve, and it has the same foamy stuff. (by the way, the PCV valve is stuck, possible reason for second AOS blown up). I got scared of intermix, pull antifreeze from expension tank, look good. Pull the dip stick, no foam on it. Read about it and some people say foam appear when doing short run when not reaching operating temp. I did a lots of short run this winter as I work less then 5 minutes away from home.

What you guys think it is from the pic?

Later Chris

wawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #2

Likely condensation. I've seen a lot of breather tube "catch cans" that look the same way.

shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote