Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #21

Just curious on what your decision was in this situation. As I read the posts here it seems to be a mix of advise. I've been looking for an Rx7 mainly but am considering the 01 Boxster as well. What did you decide and did you drive the Rx7? Comparison to the Boxster? Appreciate your thoughts on this.

Melach22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melach22 View Post
Just curious on what your decision was in this situation. As I read the posts here it seems to be a mix of advise. I've been looking for an Rx7 mainly but am considering the 01 Boxster as well. What did you decide and did you drive the Rx7? Comparison to the Boxster? Appreciate your thoughts on this.
Ummm. During my decision process, the RX-7's engine blew. So I stuck with the Boxster and forgot about getting an RX-7. The owner ended up selling it for $3000 to a kid who believed he can put in a new engine cheap. Some rotary shops in the area quoted $6000 parts and labor for a used engine.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #23

All rotary owners talk about is how many times they've replaced/rebuilt their motor...

Even the RX-8 burns oil from new. There's a reason why Mazda no longer makes rotaries.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #24

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melach22 View Post
I always wanted a 91+ RX7 from the time I 1st saw one but by the time I could afford a used one I was afraid of the reliability concerns. (transmissions & engine)
Boxster S made me forget about RX7s. Recently I was cruising in my Box S w/rebuilt engine & a man in his 40's was taunting me in his RX7tt w/blowoff valve. What happened next shocked & depressed that man.

BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote