Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #1

Garage
Boxster running rough no

Had CEL. Last weekend I got under the hood and changed the air filter it was the worst I have ever seen. Got the shop vac and vacuumed the airbox before replacing Filter. took out the MAF and cleaned it but it didn't seem to be dirty. Disconnected the battery for 40 seconds to reset the CEL reconnected and Drove around for 100 miles and no CEL. Took the car to be inspected and passed. Last night I was on the highway and hit the throttle and the care was running fine then it started running rough and backfiring through the drivers side air intake. I limped to my friends house waited about 30 minutes then started it up and car ran fine but I had CEL. Got it home ok. Went out with the durametric and checked codes 1128 and 1130. I cleared the codes with the durametric software. started the car up and went for a short ride and started "popping" again and no power. Parked it in the driveway for now. Any ideas what causes this? Up until this happened car ran great. But I have only had it for a couple of months. Seems like for every one thing I fix another thing goes.

mikesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #2

My guess would be its probably time to replace the MAF, make sure you get the right one as there are 3 different versions.
boxster7614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #3

Garage
New MAF YES! Just replaced it and running as she should!

mikesz is offline   Reply With Quote