Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2005, 06:42 AM   #1

Angry Climate Control Panel LCD Dying!

I guess I'm in the unfortunate position of wanting to replace the LCD panel that presents the climate control information (Temp, Fan Speed, Air recycle) on a 2000 Boxster S. Would anyone know where to locate something like that for less than Porsche dealership retail?? Has anyone out there had this happen to them, or is my car just special?

NYCityJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 03:39 PM   #2

I just had to replace mine in September. It is quite easy to do.. requires minimal tools and 15 minutes or so. I purchased mine from Brandywine Porsche. Price was aprox 270.00. Brand new, that was the cheapest I could find. My display went first and then the function went as well. Sounds like you are well on you way!

Best of luck,
Joe
01S
Triple Black
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 04:16 PM   #3

Were the posts on ppbb today from you? There is one on ebay now for about $150, someone else said they got one from the Cali dismantler for $50-100 used.

ukchris is offline   Reply With Quote