Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 04:56 AM   #1

Garage
a ferrari for valentines day

Just when I was deciding whether or not to keep her, my wife surprises me with an hour on a local racetrack in a ferrari 430. considering that and the fact that she doesn't complain about the 3 porsches in the garage, I guess she's a keeper.
Maybe naked pictures to follow......the car, that is.

mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:16 AM   #2
l3m

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
Just when I was deciding whether or not to keep her, my wife surprises me with an hour on a local racetrack in a ferrari 430. considering that and the fact that she doesn't complain about the 3 porsches in the garage, I guess she's a keeper.
Maybe naked pictures to follow......the car, that is.
Love the sound of a Ferrari. Drove a 360 Modena once. Interior and turning radius sucked but the power and exhaust sound is wonderful. Have fun and post pics.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #3

an hour... on an actual track. That must have been pricey.
I think 430's were renting around here for about $2K a day but like on regular streets.
Can't imagine what the track insurance for a car like that must be to cover anyone who comes off the street.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:07 AM   #4

Garage
Well, went down to south cAROLINA yesterday for my track time with the ferrari and of course it was raining. It was a great experience and I highly recommend it to everyone. I assumed....$240K car....wet track.... copilot to ride along....and I expected a lot of restrictions. Not so. very nice and helpful and told me up front " you have a 550 HP rear wheel drive car and a wet track, have fun, but know that those turns are going to be a ********************. " and they were. Tremendous power in the straight of course, but it broke loose so easily in the turns that I could easily done a better time in my C4 and maybe the 08 boxster S. A dry track would have been awesome.
I will have to say that an hour in a ferrari will make you appreciate what we drive every day very much. It made me realize what a bargain the boxster really is for it's price and performance. We are in the sweet spot.
One more thing marked off my bucket list. Do you suppose you immediately die when your bucket list is empty? Maybe I should add something else soon.
Great valentines present...
Old 02-23-2013, 04:52 AM   #5

Nah, you don't die when your bucket list is complete. I completed mine in my 40s and just created another one!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
I will have to say that an hour in a ferrari will make you appreciate what we drive every day very much. It made me realize what a bargain the boxster really is for it's price and performance. We are in the sweet spot.
I have always believed in getting close to the top at bargain prices. That last 5-10% of performance can get very expensive. The Boxster is definitely a bargain
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #7

Garage
Thanks for the words of encouragement on Boxster ownership. With all the talk about the IMS and engine failures, it's like a breath of fresh air to hear someone say "...an hour in a Ferrari will make you appreciate what we drive every day very much. It makes me realize what a bargain the boxster really is for it's price and performance."
Old 02-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #8

Garage
I have had a previous IMS failure and although it is very costly and dissappointing I still own 3 porsches and drive them daily. The most fun cars I have ever owned
Old 02-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #9

Garage
a ferrari for valentines day

If anyone is interested in the experience this group is called xtremexperiences and well worth the money. just try to pick a sunny day.