Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2005, 02:02 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to shift26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterSbob
Hi, looks pretty cool. Also, looks like it should be lighter in weight than the stock unit?

Does it change the feel of the car any?
Yea, it's much lighter than the OEM anchor. As for the feel of the car.... same. I like the fact that I can actually hear it now.

shift26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 06:54 PM   #22

Cool The muffler looks nice.

Got a response from Borla today:

"Part#: 140115
Description: BOXSTER S 00-04 3.2L 6 CYL MT RWD 2DR D OV RL AC R
In Stock: 0
Price: $849.99

The system is out of stock and the anticipated lead-time is 3-4 weeks. As for the sound clips. Borla does not give out sound clips for several reason but I can assure you this: Borla's sound is a deep, aggressive, throaty but still very classy but not so loud sound."

I was asking them if the new sound will scare my neighbours off LOL.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:24 AM   #23

Hi all,

I was hoping for an update on the Borla muffler. I'm still considering one, but I haven't read any comments on it lately. I'm particularly interested in the resonance issues.

If you got a Borla on your box, please share!!!

Mike
01S
K80Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:36 AM   #24

Hi, same here. I'd love to hear some feedback and a sound clip of the Borla system.

I'm waiting on a system I ordered from Jegs....it's expected sometime this week.

04S
bob
BoxsterSbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:26 AM   #25

Hi,

Looks Great! Borla has a long-standing reputation for making some very good Kit! Good Luck!...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:10 AM   #26

I'd greatly appreciate a video, as I'm sure everyone else would! When I had my Romulus I made a video just so everyone could see. I posted it over on autobahn.

Sold that exhaust cuz I thought I was going to get rid of my S, but now I'm getting Schnell headers and either borla or Schnell exhaust. I wanna make this thing loud now.
l8braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:22 AM   #27

My mechanic recently told me that he's finding some aftermarket exhaust systems (manifolds, cats and mufflers) are generating far more heat than factory pieces and melting hoses nearby.

Has anyone experienced this yet or read about it?

While I'd love to put the schnell exhaust manifolds on my car, I'd hate to start melting stuff and finding myself stuck on the side of the road unnecessarily.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #28

Check this site out.......

http://www.instant-g.com/Products/Exhausts/Box34/System.html

Notice how he has wrapped the nearby lines with reflective heat tape.

Remember you'll be going faster so it will cool things off more hahahahaha

Last edited by l8braker; 02-16-2006 at 11:31 AM.
l8braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:34 AM   #29

Might want to consider wrapping the headers just as a precaution.

Jegs/Borla update:

Borla reports that my system is built and on it's way to Jegs. I hope to have it sometime next week. If it arrives next week that would put the wait time at about a month. Not too big a deal as it's winter here in the Northeast and the car isn't used that much, if at all.

Borla customer service has been first rate....hope I don't need to find out if that stays true post sale.

'04S
bob
Old 02-16-2006, 12:50 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
My mechanic recently told me that he's finding some aftermarket exhaust systems (manifolds, cats and mufflers) are generating far more heat than factory pieces and melting hoses nearby.

Has anyone experienced this yet or read about it?

While I'd love to put the schnell exhaust manifolds on my car, I'd hate to start melting stuff and finding myself stuck on the side of the road unnecessarily.
Sometimes the aftermarket headers/exhaust use thinner gauge steel which causes more heat to radiate.

KRZ
KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:44 AM   #31

Hello everyone, I have the original Borla exhaust and the car in the pic is mine. They used my car in developing the exhaust. It is about 20 lbs, if I remember correctly. I have to check the papers at home. It also sounds great with the top down. I think after a while it did get louder, but not really loud. It is really cool to hear the sound of the car bounce off of the canyon walls. It was such an improvement over the stock exhaust. There is also a 3-5 hp gain and I do have the dyno sheets. Not much but at least it did not go down. Another cool thing is that when you come off a hard acceleration and let off the gas the car will burble. Also it is 2 canisters as opposed the the stock 1 canister.

The downside. It does resonate between 2.2k and 3k. If you always keep it above that it is great. I think that since I have had it awhile it has gotten a little louder but if you cruise through the neighborhood it is not loud at all.

They did give me 3 to test out and maybe on hind sight I should have picked the 2nd one. It was a little quieter, but that burble is just so cool. So is the echo off of the canyon walls. Nay this is the best one.
doclaw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:46 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRZTACO
Sometimes the aftermarket headers/exhaust use thinner gauge steel which causes more heat to radiate.

KRZ
I have had no heat problems at all.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:06 AM   #33

doclaw64 any chance you have a sound clip? I'm waiting on a Borla system I ordered about a month ago. I'm expecting it to arrive late next week. But, of course I simply can not wait to hear it

Please feel free to share any other thoughts on the system and Borla customer services.

many thanks
'04S
bob
Old 02-17-2006, 12:23 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterSbob
doclaw64 any chance you have a sound clip? I'm waiting on a Borla system I ordered about a month ago. I'm expecting it to arrive late next week. But, of course I simply can not wait to hear it

Please feel free to share any other thoughts on the system and Borla customer services.

many thanks
'04S
bob
Sorry don't have a sound clip but will see if I can get one.