Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2005, 12:07 PM   #1

Cool 987 Seat memory

Re: electric memory seats in a 987

Has anyone sucessfully programmed their remote control on their keys to move the seat when car is onlocked? One of my keys seemed to do this properly when I got the car but in the process of trying to program my wife's key, I seemed to have cleared both remote memories. Both keys work if thet are put in the ignition and the #1 memory button is pressed but I believe they are both supposed to set the seat position from outside the car when it is unlocked. The procedure in the owner's handbook does not seem to set the remote function properly. I asked my dealer who's reply was 'we've never had to do this before but bring in the car and I'm sure we can work together and figure it out'.
I'm hoping there is someone on the 986forum that has already found the 'trick'.
-Thanks-

blkflg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:14 PM   #2

Talking Never mind!

The trick is that you have to wait almost a minute before testing the remote. The alarm must need to be fully set or something.
blkflg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkflg
Re: electric memory seats in a 987

Has anyone sucessfully programmed their remote control on their keys to move the seat when car is onlocked? One of my keys seemed to do this properly when I got the car but in the process of trying to program my wife's key, I seemed to have cleared both remote memories. Both keys work if thet are put in the ignition and the #1 memory button is pressed but I believe they are both supposed to set the seat position from outside the car when it is unlocked. The procedure in the owner's handbook does not seem to set the remote function properly. I asked my dealer who's reply was 'we've never had to do this before but bring in the car and I'm sure we can work together and figure it out'.
I'm hoping there is someone on the 986forum that has already found the 'trick'.
-Thanks-

same problem. :ah:

xiaohu2009oct18 is offline   Reply With Quote