Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2005, 01:49 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Sixter
As a 35 year member I can say it is very worthwhile. It works on so many levels - tech, competition, social, educational, parts wanted/sale, website, etc. Panorama magazine alone is woth the cost of admission. Regional publications vary in quality from region to region. Regions also vary in activity level, but you can travel to other regions or Zone events. And the annual Parade is held in differing locations that can be convenient or not.

I must aggree......the subscription to Panorama is definitely worth the PCA Member ship, PLUS you recieve your regions newsletter which is pretty cool too.

KRZ

KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:12 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRZTACO
I must aggree......the subscription to Panorama is definitely worth the PCA Member ship, PLUS you recieve your regions newsletter which is pretty cool too.

KRZ

Panorama and Christophorus are both Porsche magazines, right? You get Panorama with a PCA membership but Christophorus is an additional subscription? Are they completely different magazines? What's different about them?

Doug
richardda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:42 PM   #23

Christophorus is published by Porsche, Panorama by the Porsche Club of America, the US Porsche Club.
I believe if you buy a new or used Porsche from an authorized dealer, you will get Christo for free, at least for a while. At least that's what happened to a friend of mine that bought a used Box from a Porsche dealer.
Christo articles seem to be largely about new products, European tours in Porsches and generally patting themselves on the back for their cleverness, profitability, etc., plus tedious recitation of company board and stockholder meetings. I doubt you will ever hear a word about RMS failures or porous blocks in Christo.
There is an obvious relationship between PCA and Porsche North America, but that doesn't mean that Pano columnists and writers don't beat on Porsche from time to time. Pano is devoted to club activities, technical articles, articles about Porsche history, and articles about special cars built by members. It's a lot like Excellence, with the addition of local regional club activities.
I can't really think of any reason why anyone would actually pay for a subscription to Christophorus, but I'm sure many people do.

Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote