Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 04:33 AM   #1

New Suspension Help!

my 2000 box has horrible suspension,, it al needs to go.. ! i need full suspension rebuild kit.. can anybody help me with links to websites were they sell full kits with everything i need.. i dont wanna buy it all seperate and run up my bill... i would rather buy a kit were it might be cheaper,, thank you

Boxsteezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:46 AM   #2

Garage
ROWM030. Boxster Euro Suspension Kit (ROW M030):Porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories - Wholesale Porsche Parts & Tequipment - Cayman Panamera Cayenn
grubinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #3

the ROW suspension is a good upgrade, but some more details would help elicit better responses. What's the mileage? what makes the suspension "horrible," i.e. rough ride, uneven tire wear, vibration, etc.?

i replaced my entire suspension, top to bottom, at around 100k (to include the ROW susp). not all the suspension pieces needed replacing, so it was overkill. unless you have $$ to burn, you should identify what's wrong with the suspension before throwing $$ at it.
jjanari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #4

fosho yes i have seen that already, i guess im looking for a full bushing kit also, cuz when i turn or just go striaght you can hear all by bushings making screaking noises like as if not one bushing in my front suspension is good.. everything is worn, and special bushing kit?
Old 12-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #5

yea its all bad, stearing wheel will start to vibrate after 75mph. just not smooth and i want it get fixed.. but i dont know what i need so im looking for full kits
Old 12-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #6

sway bar end links need replacing, tie rods are loose and have play in them and need replacing, all shocks are shots, bushing have dirt in them or sumthing cuz you can hear me screaking down the street,, thats what euro shop identified for me
Old 12-16-2012, 01:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxsteezy View Post
yea its all bad, stearing wheel will start to vibrate after 75mph. just not smooth and i want it get fixed.. but i dont know what i need so im looking for full kits
Might want to have the alignment checked for this first. I had annoying vibration in the steering wheel at 70-75. When I had new front tires installed they checked alignment and it was way off. After the alignment was corrected and new front tires were on I had zero vibrations. Completely smooth at all speeds and I have all original suspension parts (108,xxx miles). Only thing that needed to be fixed was the long control arm bushing which I repaired for free that was causing some rattling noises in the back when coasting at slow speeds.
BrandonJames89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:45 AM   #8
Ex Esso kid

Speed sensitive shaking can also be tire balance.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #9
Track rat

Garage
Get an accurate diagnosis first and then order parts. It would be a shame to spend $4k on all new suspension and then find out it was a bent wheel.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
Get an accurate diagnosis first and then order parts. It would be a shame to spend $4k on all new suspension and then find out it was a bent wheel.
What he said. I purchased a P-Car that the prior owner spent quite a bit of money at trying to fix a 75 mph front end vibration without having had it properly diagnosed. After spending some time under the car pulling and pushing on various assemblies, I put a set of new front control arm bushings on it for $100 in parts, cured it.

coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote