Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #21

Garage
Appreciate the input, thstone. That's what it should come down to more or less. I will keep the thread updated.

Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #22

It may help if you jack up the back of the car with the coolant cap valve open.
That way any air bubbles would have a chance at rising to the back and possible making the leak more apparent wherever it is.
DFW02S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #23
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
Look on the edges where the sides connect to the main core. Mine was cracked along that and was difficult to find.

Also, the UView Airlift Cooling Leak Check and Flush system is the best 100 bones you will spend. This is what Pedro suggests in his DIY notes, so I went and ordered it. You can refill your whole car in less then 10 minutes without fear of having bubbles anywhere in the system. Here is a link to it my friend: Amazon.com: UView 550000 Airlift Cooling System Leak Checker and Airlock Purge Tool Kit: Automotive
Old 12-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #24

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric G View Post
Look on the edges where the sides connect to the main core. Mine was cracked along that and was difficult to find.

Also, the UView Airlift Cooling Leak Check and Flush system is the best 100 bones you will spend. This is what Pedro suggests in his DIY notes, so I went and ordered it. You can refill your whole car in less then 10 minutes without fear of having bubbles anywhere in the system. Here is a link to it my friend: Amazon.com: UView 550000 Airlift Cooling System Leak Checker and Airlock Purge Tool Kit: Automotive
Spent an hour and then found the cracks before you posted. Wish I saw your post before I went to the car- indeed they are on the plastic side. Thanks for the link, just placed an order.

Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #25

Time to call Sunset for OEM factory parts and 2-3 gallons coolant (plus 2-3 gallons distilled water from the grocery store)- 503-641-8600. Ask for Phil Coy. Great guy.

Last edited by Flavor 987S; 12-10-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #26
still plays with cars...

Garage
Kenny,
Sorry to hear. Must have scared the stuffing out of you!
It looks like you have your repairs all sorted out.
By the looks of things, you should be back on the road (literally) in short order.

Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote