Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #1

Strips on my rev counter

So I procrastinated on my multiple lab reports with something productive.

Before

After

The picture came out kind of bad i will take another one when i reinstall the gauges. Let me know what u guys think, but for now i have to finish these lab reports.

Bmod986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Lab reports are the worst...
So, what's the plan...materials and procedure?
Doing all three? Looks cool!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #3

Ok so i used some leftover vinyle wrap and I removed the original silver vinyle overlay. I did not remove the needle because I didn't want to deal with the recalibration of the speedo. So before I placed the strips on the gauge I made sure they were the same width. I left them longer then the gauge and then proceed to set them straight. Once they were straight I began to trim the vinyle to a place where they looked good. So the only thing that I pre cut before placing them in there was there width and made sure that their edges were straight.

So the rounding of the top was all visual. at first i tried a protractor but it was not round enough for me so I went freestyle with my scalpel.

I am not going to do the other two because I like the contrast and the stripes in the middle are to draw the attention to the rev counter. Maybe later on I may remove the silver overlays to make the red lines stand out more but for now I am leaving them as is.

Bmod986 is offline   Reply With Quote