Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2005, 09:15 AM   #1

Some Loser Keyed my Boxster!

I live in Melbourne, Australia.

I was out one night in the city and I parked in an undercover pay park.
Hard up against a pillar, and only around other nice cars. I'm very particular about where I park

I come pack to find that some trash keyed the passenger side, pretty much the front panel, door and rear panel!!!

I'm so depressed, does it need a new repaint?

I can see white, but no silver metal...

I hear there's people who can come to your house and fix these sort of things, do they do reasonable jobs?

Suggestions?

aKiNa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:38 AM   #2

Sorry, I can't help you other than to commiserate.

In the Old West (here in the States), horse-thievery used to be a capital offense. I consider the car to be the modern day equivalent of the horse, and I wouldn't mind seeing capital punishment instated for stealing someone's car or intentionally ************************ with it.

There's simply no justification for it and all it does is create misery for the recipient and the world has enough sorrows without people intentionally creating more. Sounds kind of extreme eh? Maybe, but it's clearly a subject I feel strongly about.

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:18 AM   #3

Sounds like an insurance claim situation to me. Hopefully you have insurance that would cover this sort of vandalism damage.
The issue will be how receptive your insurance co. is to repainting the car (or one side of it anyway) by a high-end body shop/painter vs a quicky paint shop.
I can't imagine how this could be repaired by somebody coming to your house and spraying and buffing the damage. That would be good enough for a "10-footer" maybe, but not for close examination of the damage.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:24 AM   #4

Mine got keyed this summer. I feel for you.. If you can see another color you will need a re-paint. Don't mess around - submit the claim to your insurance company, choose the best shop around, and get it fixed up right.
BuffaloBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 12:03 PM   #5

These are the horror stories that make me shy away from getting another nice car. People look for nice cars and damage them. I have had that experience myself when I had my Mercedes. There is a lot to be said for driving a car that looks like everybody else's. It makes them invisible when you park.
kavlono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 12:52 PM   #6

A re-spray is in order. Insist on a quality job with paint meter measurements to factory.

And, get a baseball bat and find that idiot!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:25 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
I am sorry to hear about your incident,I have one scratch on my car and it bothers the living day lights out of me. I could not imagine my car being keyed.

blinkwatt is offline   Reply With Quote