986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Some Loser Keyed my Boxster! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/4058-some-loser-keyed-my-boxster.html)

aKiNa 10-24-2005 09:15 AM

Some Loser Keyed my Boxster!

I live in Melbourne, Australia.

I was out one night in the city and I parked in an undercover pay park.
Hard up against a pillar, and only around other nice cars. I'm very particular about where I park

I come pack to find that some trash keyed the passenger side, pretty much the front panel, door and rear panel!!!

I'm so depressed, does it need a new repaint?

I can see white, but no silver metal...

I hear there's people who can come to your house and fix these sort of things, do they do reasonable jobs?

Suggestions?

SD987 10-24-2005 09:38 AM

Sorry, I can't help you other than to commiserate.

In the Old West (here in the States), horse-thievery used to be a capital offense. I consider the car to be the modern day equivalent of the horse, and I wouldn't mind seeing capital punishment instated for stealing someone's car or intentionally ************************ with it.

There's simply no justification for it and all it does is create misery for the recipient and the world has enough sorrows without people intentionally creating more. Sounds kind of extreme eh? Maybe, but it's clearly a subject I feel strongly about.

Ronzi 10-24-2005 10:18 AM

Sounds like an insurance claim situation to me. Hopefully you have insurance that would cover this sort of vandalism damage.
The issue will be how receptive your insurance co. is to repainting the car (or one side of it anyway) by a high-end body shop/painter vs a quicky paint shop.
I can't imagine how this could be repaired by somebody coming to your house and spraying and buffing the damage. That would be good enough for a "10-footer" maybe, but not for close examination of the damage.

BuffaloBoxster 10-24-2005 11:24 AM

Mine got keyed this summer. I feel for you.. If you can see another color you will need a re-paint. Don't mess around - submit the claim to your insurance company, choose the best shop around, and get it fixed up right.

kavlono 10-24-2005 12:03 PM

These are the horror stories that make me shy away from getting another nice car. People look for nice cars and damage them. I have had that experience myself when I had my Mercedes. There is a lot to be said for driving a car that looks like everybody else's. It makes them invisible when you park.

Brucelee 10-24-2005 12:52 PM

A re-spray is in order. Insist on a quality job with paint meter measurements to factory.

And, get a baseball bat and find that idiot!

:matchup:

blinkwatt 10-24-2005 01:25 PM

I am sorry to hear about your incident,I have one scratch on my car and it bothers the living day lights out of me. I could not imagine my car being keyed.