Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2005, 09:29 AM   #1
bmussatti

Best Wax for White Cars

What is the best wax for white cars? Do any cause "yellowing"?

Old 10-02-2005, 12:15 PM   #2

I currently own a glacier white boxster, my other car is a toyota solara pearl white. my boxster, minimal swirl marks; solara, tons of swirl marks. im on my 16th coatings of zaino wax on the boxster, about 7 coats on my solara. the solara still outshines the boxster. my conclusion is, flat white paint is so hard to bring out the shineness. if our boxster is biarritz white, my guess is, it would be easier to shine the paint work.

I've use meguair's 3 step wax system finishing off with yellow carnauba, good result. however, after claying the boxster then applying the first coat of zaino wax, it already outshined meguiar's. The more you apply the wax, the better it gets. Recently, I've joined PCA concours, I might say (really don't want to toot my own horn) my glacier white boxster got some attentions due to it's shineness.

p.s. I have no affiliation whatsoever with zaino.

p.s.s. Absolutely no yellowing with zaino wax.

Last edited by pecto3; 10-02-2005 at 12:18 PM.
pecto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 12:27 PM   #3

HI,

Zaino, Zaino, Zaino... Used it for over 10 years on all my cars. For gloss, protection and ease of application, nothing matches up. In Independent testing, Zaino consistently beats all comers. See one here at:http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html .

You can only order Zaino Bros. Products online at: http://www.zainostore.com/
Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!...Jim'99

MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote