Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2005, 07:18 AM   #1

02 boxster

Well i am getting the 02 boxster for my birthday in 2 weeeks my dad car....I was the post to get the 2005 evo mr which would beat the boxster not in handling thoe or looks . Anyways, back on the point since my dad is handing me down his car he given me about extra 5k since he handing me down the car . I want perfromace is there any turbo kits supercharger anything that can boost horse power I saw the ecu chips around here on the internet . I been looking to get rims the techart floumra gt and I saw the Ebicah lowering kit . I took the boxster out a week ago and really messed around with it and lets just say Iam glad iam not getting the 2005 evo mr the boxster is just nice what can i say its porsche and ladys love it . Riding with the top down is a blast I cant wait till ill get it and share it with you guys . Just give me some ideas I should do i been looking in alot for the boxster what you guys think I can do with 5k probly just rims and lowing kit right....Ill post pictures if you guys dont belive me It seems like everyone dosnt belive me

Last edited by porschematt21; 10-01-2005 at 07:24 AM.
porschematt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 07:45 AM   #2

Congratulations on the car. Unfortunately there is very little in performance upgrades to be had in the boxster. There are supercharger and turbo kits but they seem to be a little on the unreliable side. Some people have had good results w/ these but the majority have not. The best thing you could do w/ $5000 would be to be sure all maint. is up to date. If so I would save the money and if your not happy w/ the power have an engine swap done. Your likely to get a descent amount of money for a well maintained low mileage 986engine on ebay. Good luck w/ whichever path your heading. Boxsters were not made for 0-60 driving, so forget about the power and enjoy the drive. Take the long way home and don't be scared to step on it through curves.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:14 AM   #3

yeah that what i firgure god that car is so nice to drive on turning roads down shift to 2nd or 1st or mybe even 3 rd take that hard right or left flying down that road no tire squeing just porsche cant wait till its mine in 2 weeks picking up ladys in that hot moma car

Last edited by porschematt21; 10-01-2005 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:19 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Well you could put a 911 engine in it. The Boxster S engine transplant should not be too much work. Why does everyone want to modify Boxsters? They arent slow,and Porsche is about every aspect of driving not just 0-60s.
blinkwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 08:23 AM   #5

I dont care that car fast enough dosnt need to go any faster it would just be nice i think just rims and that would be enough for me .
Old 10-01-2005, 09:12 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Fiske makes some excellent wheels and so does BBS. Here is a link to a Boxster with Fiske wheels.
http://boxsters.addr.com/
blinkwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 09:31 AM   #7

Since you really seem to need to blow that $5,000 I would suggest some tasteful appearance items. A nice rim/tire combo, interior dress up items, maybe an upgrade in the stereo system. Don't go too crazy on the dressup though as too much will look just downright gaudy. This is a Porsche...not a Civic.

For performance...don't waste your money on this. It will costs thousands for even a 10 HP increase which will NOT be noticible! Spend some time learning about DIY maintenance and perform some of the hacks which are fairly easy.

Congrats on the car and happy motoring!

Paul
Old 10-01-2005, 10:00 AM   #8

Danm right its not a civic i am just going to put rims and tire and save the rest for other things the boxster is my first car dont wanna overdue it or anything and after all its a porsche i was thinking about carbon fiber kits in the car with the behind the gauges maunal door opeingings and such . Also i change my mind about the power its fast enough dont need anything faster it alreddy handles like a dream and its a porsche i dont even think i am gonna blow the 5 k. I think rims and new tires would be nice . The car alreddy p zero's but they just got change to birdgestone ponzentaz .

Last edited by porschematt21; 10-01-2005 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:26 AM   #9

It sounds like your on the right track to me! Enjoy the car-maybe I'll see you buzzing around the Chicago area sometime!

Paul