Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #1

Pulsation at idle

Any help appreciated.

Recently, I've been experiencing a pulsation that I feel at idle. At idle, the car revs at/ around 650 rpm and doesn't go any higher but I can feel in my seat a rhythmic pulsation. Similar to when I turn on the AC.

I started to feel this after doing 90k service (spark plug replacement, filters, serpentine belt, etc). Didn't clean out throttle body or ICV. Also, noted that the power steering fluid was low but didn't top off yet. Could this be it? Any ideas?

Thanks, Sanford

Last edited by Sanford_yee; 11-06-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: more info
Sanford_yee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #2

Garage
If you disconnect the battery, the car needs to "learn" for about the first 150 miles. It will idle a little rough-BUT, since you did not clean the throttle body, it will only exacerbate the problem! The ecu learning will go away, but the dirty throttle body will not!

I Had the same problem, and cleaned it out with the help of a friend. Also, while you're at it, hit the MAF with a shot of cleaner, that should help as well. Now my idle is rock solid.

Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote