Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 12:17 AM   #1

Window drop delay?

On the passenger side, there seems to be a half a second delay between the time you pull the handle, open the door and the window dropping. The results being the windows sticks to the top if you open the door too quickly.

What do I need to fix/change?

Thanks

ohhh my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:43 AM   #2

Garage
If you remove the door panel there are two little microswitches on either side of the door handle itself - the one with the (brown/blue) wire is the actuator switch to lower the window. There is a little arm that pushes the microswitch down which sends a signal to lower the window... you can try setting it a little more sensitive with the little arm but it could be worn a little on the end which delays the process slightly or the switch itself might need to be replaced. Best and cheapest solution for now is learn to pull your doorhandle up a half inch and delay pulling the door open :-)
Heiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:12 AM   #3
Ex Esso kid

+1 for Heiko, you even have to slow down a bit for the new ones, you cannot open a Boxster door as fast as a standard car door unless the top is down or you leave the window down a touch more than normal.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #4

If it were on the driver side, I wouldn't mind. But it's on the passenger side and it can be a little embarrassing and tiring, repeatedly reminding passengers to slowly open the door.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #5

Garage
Have a look at Figure 2... it shows the little arm i was talking about... If you really insist on fixing it, you may have to buy the little arm or the switch if playing with the ever so minor adjustments doesnt resolve it. You can advance it ever so slightly which may resolve the problem.
Sorry this is the best picture i could find without taking the door panel off mind today :-)

Pelican Technical Article: Boxster Door Lock Mechanism / Boxster Door Handle - 986 / 987
Heiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #6

Thanks for the link and additional info. I'll be opening my door this weekend taking a look at it..